Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Torres is a multi capped Spanish international having been at Liverpool and Chelsea too, hardly the CVs of Burno and Vicente tbf.

Vicente had 38 Spain caps, and had played close to 300 times for Valencia, including two European finals.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If people seriously wish to place Vicente in the same light as FT then so be it. A gulf in class imho.
I agree with the gulf. Vicente for me all the way. Torres, whilst amazing for a year or two (he was rubish at Chelsea and only played to justify the inflated fee) was like a rich man's CMS. Vicente still had incredible perception and vision and the most wonderful touch from any player I've witnessed. So yes, a gulf in class.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If people seriously wish to place Vicente in the same light as FT then so be it. A gulf in class imho.

Vicente at HIS PEAK was every single bit as good as Torres (who was a brilliant number 9 at his peak). An incredible player, for whom Valencia turned down bids of £40m long before such numbers even EXISTED in football.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Vicente had 38 Spain caps, and had played close to 300 times for Valencia, including two European finals.

Quite agree. He was THE best young player in Spain and probably the whole of Europe circa 2002-2004. Better then Torres, he was electric. Even once he'd lost a bit of pace and had serious injury trouble he was still brilliant, when fit, at the Albion. When we played the Champions of Europe in a friendly he was still the best player on the pitch by a mile

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Vicente at HIS PEAK was every single bit as good as Torres (who was a brilliant number 9 at his peak). An incredible player, for whom Valencia turned down bids of £40m long before such numbers even EXISTED in football.

He was better than Torres in his prime. I lived in Spain when Vicente was a young player and he was just a sensation. If people disagree it's because they didn't know so much about him earlier on his career. He had terrible injury problems later on yet as you say still played 38 times for Spain

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You never know until you ask.

"Hi Fernando, do you want to leave your childhood club where you're revered as a legend and play almost every game, both in La Liga and the Champions League to come and take a massive wage cut and uproot your family to play for Brighton?"

"Hey Fernando, it's me again, it seems like i lost signal and the call cut out last time."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh Gawd. Couldn't we ease our way in against someone like Celtic?

How exactly is spanking a Championship standard side 4-0 going to help us prepare for the Prem?!

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria

Cannot wait for the friendly . Will be a great test and a great occasion for the fans of both teams. Expecting a good attendance for this . They have just said goodbye to their old home just as we did and moving to a new stadium . Good video to watch .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Hopefully it is a good event and they return the favour by letting us play in their new stadium the following season. Right by the airport, could see many a Brighton fan popping over for that one.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Don't usually bother with friendlies. Think Spurs is the only one I've ever been to in the Amex era. But on this occasion I'm so keen on going that the price doesn't really bother me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here