Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Out of interest, does anyone know how we swung this one? Bruno worked some magic? Tony won it at poker? With all due respect to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club, it's the pre-season friendly equivalent of Sheffield Wednesday FC visiting Tiverton Town (other club comparisons are available).

Tiverton are probably 6 leagues below SW , were are in the equivalent league to Athletico

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
No worries! Anyway there's a VPN you can download called Hola that let's you pick the country to be recognised in. Only very advanced streaming sites like Netflix have found a way around this so I'd say you'll be alright on the Albion web page ;-)

Thank you for that, will try that this afternoon. :)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We paid a fee for it. Not sure who pays the hotel bill down the Metropole/Grand though. CH got to choose opposition he wanted to test his side against PL equivalents.

Seriously? I know Bournemouth stumped up for Real, but I genuinely didn't realise endemic 'prostitution' existed in the pre-season arena. I can understand covering the other club's expenses, but not much beyond that. Maybe we should hire ourselves out to Leyton Orient next year.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Seriously? I know Bournemouth stumped up for Real, but I genuinely didn't realise endemic 'prostitution' existed in the pre-season arena. I can understand covering the other club's expenses, but not much beyond that. Maybe we should hire ourselves out to Leyton Orient next year.

It wasn't cheap either, still 27,000 crowd should hopefully cover costs

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Is it PotG?

Mad.JPG

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Where is the ***official match day thread*** ?

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Anyone else worried about trains? Nothing on Southern's website about the game, just the usual post-Pride stuff. Seems like a half hourly service all day which won't be anywhere near enough if it's a sell out!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else worried about trains? Nothing on Southern's website about the game, just the usual post-Pride stuff. Seems like a half hourly service all day which won't be anywhere near enough if it's a sell out!

National Rail Enquiries shows, in addition to the half hourly :)17, :47) services from Brighton, a couple of (extra?) trains at 14:12 and 15:11. Better than nothing I suppose, but as you say, doesn't look like being anywhere near enough.

Trains already have problems.

From Shoreham the 1303 was cancelled and the 1335 was 10 mins late and as such had no room at all on it so dozens left on the platform.

Now on the slightly delayed 1348 Cic train so will be changing at Hove. Reasonable amount of space on here.

The crazy thing is it that it goes slow and keeps stopping as the delayed stopper is just in front.

No one can get on it. Yet our train will th space stops just before the stations where people are waiting and then we pass the station without stopping so no one could get on.

Why can someone simply not tell this train to stop at the stations and kill 2 birds with one stone?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta

perhaps there will be surprise revealing of the new 12 carriage albion express trains?

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
What?!! You live in Italy (outside the UK!) So it's available as a subscriber to you. Unless I'm being really thick!

Yes it would seem so. The website is a bit basic without any future live stream info (or at least not what I can see from any dropdown menu where it should be). Hopefully it becomes more obvious closer to kick off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here