Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
So have we all decided that Ryan is a waste of space and should be released immediately? Just want to have my rhetoric accurate when the call for pitchforks is made.

Can we just give him and any other new players 10 games or so before we write them off completely or is that just crazy talk?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Erm. A tough basptism that. On a positive there will not be many better teams in the PL this year than this Madrid side, especially on the ball. Bad news is one of those sides are our opening weekend. They will dominate the ball even more than Madrid have done. Next week will be just as tough. Being over run in midfield at the moment and Greizman really is finding the gaps in between the lines. A Cm and a CF are still a must. Will be interesting to see how AK does part of the 2nd half.
People writing Ryan off for one mistake are being stupid. He's kept us in the game as it is.
Personally still can't wait for next week

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
A shame for Ryan as he had had a good half up until then. I do get a bit concerned by the tendency to parry all the time though. Stockdale was similar on that score. Anyway, I think he'll turn out well and it's better to get the clangers out of the way now!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Pluses so far are that hopefully that's Ryan's big blunder out of the way in a meaningless game and I didn't have to pay to watch it thanks to our Spanish YouTube friends.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I have a feeling Ryan is going to cost us big time this season. First time I've seen him today and he looks too small to be a GK.

Yep, he cost Brugge time after time he was bloody awful. Oh wait nope he was two time GK of the season and won a cup with them. He was in fact so good Valencia signed him.

But then again when he got his chance with Australia he was dog shit, too small and useless. Oh wait nope he is a regular for the first team international side.

So yes, let's forget about the last 3 or 4 years of fantastic pedigree and assume after making several QUALITY saves against one of the best teams in the world his one blunder is a sign of him being a huge flop and costing us BIG TIME.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We are still a PL club in the waiting, yet to earn our stripes.
AM are a class La Liga side, theres no comparison.
If we lose, no shame, just gaining more experience :thumbsup:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
You lot are ****ing ********s, jumping on a player for making one mistake after keeping us in the ****ing game. The same mistake that Stackdale made at Villa, but no, because you're complete wanker, lets jump on the new guy. Are you lot even Albion supporters?

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Ryan .. one of our best out there. A mistake yes but hey it could have been 0 - 3.. The fact is that ATM have pinged the ball around like the 3rd best La Liga side they are.. Stop bed wetting and start supporting ehh??!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is he honestly better than Stockdale? Stockdale also epitomised the togetherness in last season's squad. A big mistake to let him go, in my opinion. He would have been fine in the PL. With Ryan, we really don't know. The one thing we really don't need is a poor keeper.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We look like championship plodders sadly. Need to make signings pdq.

Stockdale is about the same as ryan. I still can't work that one out.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looks like we have a shorter, slimmer Stockdale on our hands. Ryan was looking good until he fumbles in a soft 30 yarder. Best get it out the way now I guess.

A.M are scaring me. They haven't got out of first gear but look ridiculously comfortable. It's a frightening prospect thinking about what a fired up Man City are going to do to us.

On the plus side what little I've seen of Gross and Brown I've been impressed with.

From behind the goal in the north stand, it was no soft 30 yarder. It was hit hard, with pace & spin. It was very unlucky. He'd been playing a blinder up to that point.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Is he honestly better than Stockdale? Stockdale also epitomised the togetherness in last season's squad. A big mistake to let him go, in my opinion. He would have been fine in the PL. With Ryan, we really don't know.

Stockdale did almost the same thing against Villa.

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
Watching the stream I thought we are doing ok. Defence looked ok.

Up front a bit light weight, but we have better players that didn't start.

TB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here