Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 327279808182
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Entertaining football, a nice burger, sitting in the sun. Lovely stuff.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This isn't be being arsey so please don't read it that way, but did you also see any of his excellent reaction saves?

Perhaps I'm being HUGELY rose-tinted but I would much rather have that he displayed some BRILLIANT reflex saves (which are more of a natural talent) and him make a mistake which definitely can be worked upon. That's either concentration or too much time to think about it. I imagine he will be asking for shots from distance now as, like any player, if a weakness has been found he will want to work and work on that until its improved.

Don't get me wrong. It was a REALLY bad error and I'm not trying to gloss over it at all. I just saw a lot in that first half from him to see the positives outweigh that huge slip up.
      Didn't see the match so can't really comment on the new guy but Stockdale certainly made his share of errors throughout his time with us and looked pretty shaky in the early days, I thought.

He got much better though and was a definite plus overall. All keepers make errors and they all look terrible as they often result in a goal conceded.

Glad to hear that Knocky and Solly were on song. We'll need them at their best to make a real impression in the Premier League.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This isn't be being arsey so please don't read it that way, but did you also see any of his excellent reaction saves?

Perhaps I'm being HUGELY rose-tinted but I would much rather have that he displayed some BRILLIANT reflex saves (which are more of a natural talent) and him make a mistake which definitely can be worked upon. That's either concentration or too much time to think about it. I imagine he will be asking for shots from distance now as, like any player, if a weakness has been found he will want to work and work on that until its improved.

Don't get me wrong. It was a REALLY bad error and I'm not trying to gloss over it at all. I just saw a lot in that first half from him to see the positives outweigh that huge slip up.
      Very much agree with assessment. Until the error Ryan had been called upon on several occasions and had done very well. Some good reaction saves, a very decent punch and a nice collection from a cross in to the box. He looks very agile and some of distribution was very good. I hope the mistake does not knock his confidence as apart from that he acquitted himself very well.

1 Not allowed!
      It was also good to hear the harbinger of doom Warren A on Sussex Radio talking about March and Knocky 'opening them up like a tin of John West'.

Bring it on.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      Fingerlickin good Nigella's Cream Pie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Spanish commentator David Garrido's take on it:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ghton-friendly

0 Not allowed!
      It was good preparation for the City game. It's all about keeping the shape and being disciplined from the whistle and then growing into the game. Bruno gave the ball away cheaply from a throwing and we didnít get the ball back for about 5 mins. We lost a goal previously in one of the friendlyís with Bruno giving the ball away cheaply too. I wouldn't swap Bruno would like to see him not give.

Ryan was looking sharp until the mistake. He played a wicked pass out to Bruno at one point so it makes it interesting on how a keeper with great feet plays out.

Sidwell was his usual self when he came on and gave us what we know he can give us. Hemed didnít have the service but one up front against City will probably be the same. When it counted though Hemed won the free kick that led to the goal.

I think we are in good shape for City if we are disciplined, patient, working as a unit and avoid giving the ball away cheaply. The longer we can keep it a 0-0 the and pace ourselves the better we will grow into the game so itís all about patience as a player and as a fan. Starting against one of the giants in football is as tough an opening match we could get so it is a mighty challenge.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by symyjym View Post
      It was good preparation for the City game. It's all about keeping the shape and being disciplined from the whistle and then growing into the game. Bruno gave the ball away cheaply from a throwing and we didn’t get the ball back for about 5 mins. We lost a goal previously in one of the friendly’s with Bruno giving the ball away cheaply too. I wouldn't swap Bruno would like to see him not give.

Ryan was looking sharp until the mistake. He played a wicked pass out to Bruno at one point so it makes it interesting on how a keeper with great feet plays out.

Sidwell was his usual self when he came on and gave us what we know he can give us. Hemed didn’t have the service but one up front against City will probably be the same. When it counted though Hemed won the free kick that led to the goal.

I think we are in good shape for City if we are disciplined, patient, working as a unit and avoid giving the ball away cheaply. The longer we can keep it a 0-0 the and pace ourselves the better we will grow into the game so it’s all about patience as a player and as a fan. Starting against one of the giants in football is as tough an opening match we could get so it is a mighty challenge.
      Edit: Half written sentence " I wouldn't swap Bruno for anyone but would like to see him not give the ball away cheaply".
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Att: 27343 without the middle bit and the shelf.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      Sausage by the sea!!! Gullys Cats's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Thought it was a solid performance. Very impressed with Ryan.
      SEA!!! SEA!!! SEASIDE AIR!!!
      (My sons song )