Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

el punal

Exactly. A week or so before Atletico start their domestic campaign and they'll play the stiffs against us. Yeah, right.

I may have this one wrong, so apologies. Don't the Albion have to pay visiting teams for a friendly and then make up the cost through gate receipts etc.? If this is the case surely they would expect the opposition to field a strong side purely on a moral basis as it is being advertised to fans as a "must see game", rather than the experimental 22 a side practice games played early pre-season.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Seeing as how we are away for the Citeh game, I'm really looking forward to this one. Great to see the demand for tickets.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Seeing as how we are away for the Citeh game, I'm really looking forward to this one. Great to see the demand for tickets.

The club have overestimated it slightly I feel by saying it will sell out, unless they know something I don't.

26-27K max I reckon which is still obviously fantastic for a friendly. 10K last year for Lazio was it?

The club have overestimated it slightly I feel by saying it will sell out, unless they know something I don't.

26-27K max I reckon which is still obviously fantastic for a friendly. 10K last year for Lazio was it?

The club could annouce a sell out, meaning to them they have sold all the seats they want to release. Maybe they will annouce a sell out if/when the whole of the WSU is sold?

But, to the best of my knowledge, the whole of the West Middle is closed and no tickets have been released in a block and a half of the East Upper nor in S1A, although some of this will be for segregation, but the City games shows that half of it could be used.

Also, there are currently 10 columns of segregation in S1C/D when 5 usually suffices.

Forgotton how many the middle tier holds but a sell out if these other areas are released and sold along with the WSU will be short of a capacity.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

More chance of a decent atmosphere to..Lazio game was as flat as a pancake

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Is it sold out yet.

W3B & W3H released with plenty of room still in W3C and W3G.

Best guess about 26K sold so far. I don't think we're in a position yet where we can expect to sell out friendlies. Most recently, we sold about 10K for both Sevilla and Lazio.

That said, if before the game we conjure up the MEGA SINGING that people are hoping/expecting then I imagine it might actually sell out.

W3B & W3H released with plenty of room still in W3C and W3G.

Best guess about 26K sold so far. I don't think we're in a position yet where we can expect to sell out friendlies. Most recently, we sold about 10K for both Sevilla and Lazio.

That said, if before the game we conjure up the MEGA SINGING that people are hoping/expecting then I imagine it might actually sell out.

Additionally, the final 5 columns of S1C have been released for AM fans menaing we won't be getting the 5 columns in S1D. We may of course get a couple of columns in they slim down the sterile bit like seems to have been the case for Man City.

We (or AM if they sell theirs first) still could have some of S1A.

Wonder if the club are regretting now opening the middle tier? I would have thought there would have been sufficient demand for 1901 seats and could have been a chance for some to try them for the first time.

Or is it open and just sold out / occupied by usual 1901ers ?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Additionally, the final 5 columns of S1C have been released for AM fans menaing we won't be getting the 5 columns in S1D. We may of course get a couple of columns in they slim down the sterile bit like seems to have been the case for Man City.

We (or AM if they sell theirs first) still could have some of S1A.

Wonder if the club are regretting now opening the middle tier? I would have thought there would have been sufficient demand for 1901 seats and could have been a chance for some to try them for the first time.

Or is it open and just sold out / occupied by usual 1901ers ?

Don't 1901ers get free admission to friendlies as part of there package

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012

The mega signing will be at the game. Greizmann will play the first half for them and then he'll be sporting the new Norwich kit for the second half.
Obvious really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here