Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Atletico De Madrid friendly at the Amex?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That would be a red in a competitive match. Horrible challenge and no place in any game let alone a friendly

But Brown got to him soon after, as said earlier:-

'nice to see the team spirit is still there'.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
To summaries today

Good experience for our players.

Solly and Gross were superb

Our defending was poor and school boyish

Knocky back from injury is brilliant news.

Our keeper looks poor for a record buy

And you are a manic depressive.
Feck off now and give us a season free of your observations :moo:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan

Bruno-Duffy-Dunk-Suttner

March-Stephens-Sidwell-Brown

Gross

Murray​

Team for City.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
To summaries today

What could Ryan have possibly done about goals 2 and 3? Other than the mistake, some good saves, distribution and claiming of crosses

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
For goodness sake we are a Premier league team with our record buy being the keeper. You fully expect him to make those saves. The howler was horrendous.

Every shot at him i'm looking through the gaps of my fingers now. God knows how Dunk and Duffy feel.

Like it might be a good idea not to give a striker the quality of Torres five yards of space 8 yards infront of goal?

Today's performance wasn't perfect but it was encouraging. Far more positives than negatives:

Gross and Brown looked very good.
Suttner looks an upgrade on Bong.
Ryan, howler aside, played well.
March looked dangerous every time he got the ball.
Knockaert back.
Second half we looked a decent team on the ball.

Against:

Occasional looseness in and out of possession.
A gift for their first goal.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Too many JCLs on NSC these days. Check out the sign up dates of all the negative Nancy's.........

cc4a71c8bf48d881bb32ab972e901d7a.jpg

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How often in football do you see a keeper having a great game,making loads of solid, good and great saves to keep his team in it, only to concede due to some sort of blunder. Often it's the keeper themselves that make the mistake, but it can also be the mistake of a defender in front of him that causes the mix up (poor back pass, almost comical own goal etc). It's as predictable as the former player scoring against you, or the two teams that haven't had a clean sheet all season so there'll be lots of goals in this one playing out a 0-0 draw.

If we approach games the way we approached that first half, we could see a lot of games like that. Ryan making a string of saves to keep us in it, only to concede a soft goal (either his mistake or someone else's) and all that effort be for nought. Last season we had games were we sat back on a single goal lead, the season before moreso. At championship level we were mostly ok. But there were still instances in both those seasons were it didn't work out for us. Last season notably v Newcastle at home and Villa away. We're going to be playing more teams of their quality and better. Teams that are well versed in breaking down stubborn opponents and better at it than mid/lower championship sides.

Our approach in the first half saw us lose the 45 minutes 1-0 (albeit it valiantly, with a lot of positives to take). Our approach in the second half saw us hold out for 2-2, and was more entertaining to watch (and still had loads of positives). I hope to see more of that second half attitude, especially against the bigger teams that we're expecting to lose against anyway.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For goodness sake we are a Premier league team with our record buy being the keeper. You fully expect him to make those saves. The howler was horrendous.

Every shot at him i'm looking through the gaps of my fingers now. God knows how Dunk and Duffy feel.

Probably supporting their colleague who had a great game apart from one mistake which is better than being an online troll.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What do you want? Here's the half-finished new TV box. [/IMG]

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I got wind of the fact they were doing something next to my seat. Seems I've now got a glass barrier next to me. Grrrrrr

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Who is Brown?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To summaries today

Matty will turn out to be an excellent purchase. That was awful goal to concede; however , he is what he is a £5m keeper. A good keeper. Not the best in the world but we can't afford the best in the world.

Jordan Pickford has just been sold for about £30m and he made more howlers than any other keeper in the PL but he gained a reputation of being a great keeper because he made lots of saves and that was because he had a lot of saves to make quite simply because he was in goal for a side struggling.

Brighton will be a struggling side this coming season but Matty will play his part in keeping us up for sure and I think you will see both his ''worth'' and his ''vulnerability'' but Something you will see which you never saw with Stockdale is ''agility''

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Because of a mistake in a friendly? Jesus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here