Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive Invasion at Waterhall

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
No.....!
but I am sick...
Of scum like that thinking they can do what they want.

Pathetic rules/laws protecting them.

And lefty liberal hand wringers who some how think they do nothing wrong and feel the need to jump to their defence from anyone who dare speak their mind and then try to turn it around and label and demonise them as "Raaacist"...!
...so you then really!

Agree with you Big G , The Large One , is indeed a Large one !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wild Park. If we, football supporters, moved on to the land to park for a match at the Amex we would get towed away. They get given rubbish bins but still use the floor.
Driving at 30 down Lewes Road a van overtakes at high speed in the bus lane and goes straight into Wild Park. Why can they get away with it?
Then there's my shop. A group of 10 will walk in and fill there pockets. Quite blatant about as well. Call the police and show them the HD CCTV with faces and everything but they wont do a thing.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Wild Park. If we, football supporters, moved on to the land to park for a match at the Amex we would get towed away. They get given rubbish bins but still use the floor.
Driving at 30 down Lewes Road a van overtakes at high speed in the bus lane and goes straight into Wild Park. Why can they get away with it?
Then there's my shop. A group of 10 will walk in and fill there pockets. Quite blatant about as well. Call the police and show them the HD CCTV with faces and everything but they wont do a thing.

That's because it's one rule for them and another for us!!
They're a...ahem...an "ethnic minority"....therefore the Police would be 'Raaacist' in actually pursuing them in a criminal capacity regardless of what they did!

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Live and Let Live !
its their culture !
.Lol

Pudos

Aug 18, 2015
No.....!
but I am sick...
Of scum like that thinking they can do what they want.

Pathetic rules/laws protecting them.

And lefty liberal hand wringers who some how think they do nothing wrong and feel the need to jump to their defence from anyone who dare speak their mind and then try to turn it around and label and demonise them as "Raaacist"...!
...so you then really!

Spot on

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We many travellers who have there local camps and integrated into schools and the community I think the travellers from outside of the U.K. Are giving them a bad name by pitching up on playing fields and parks and causing damage and leaving a mess please don't tar them all with the same brush.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We many travellers who have there local camps and integrated into schools and the community I think the travellers from outside of the U.K. Are giving them a bad name by pitching up on playing fields and parks and causing damage and leaving a mess please don't tar them all with the same brush.

I agree ban foreign travellers
They are bad
UK travellers are OK:ffsparr:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
I love the smell of napalm in the morning .

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
They may have not made their statements very eloquently but they certainly aren't mad. The local Green Party, when in power, were pretty loud in their support of travellers and their condemnation of anyone that dared be critical of them and their actions. At one council meeting where it was suggested that the council should become much tougher and instigate a zero tolerance approach to travellers one Green Councillor, I'm pretty sure it was Lizzie Deane, apoplectic in her defence of the travellers and how they were continuously picked on etc etc.

When Mike Weatherley, the then MP for Hove, arranged a meeting with local residents to discuss what they wanted done about the problem he was rounded upon by both Caroline Lucas ( who attended the meeting and was resoundingly drowned out with boos after she spoke in defence of travellers ) and Ben Duncan. Duncan even accused Weatherley of inciting racial hatred ( but given how utterly mad and vile Duncan is Weatherley probably took it as a compliment ! ).

The Greens adopted a soft touch on travellers - Jason Kitcat spoke a number of times in favour of only removing them from key sites and leaving them be elsewhere.

While the only real solution is to make trespass a criminal act, the council and the police should be making life as unpleasant as possible when these people just turn up and park. Not carrying out soft touch policies like the Greens suggest. The building of an additional travellers site is also not acceptable - firstly because they won't use it ( Horsdean has had space in the past when they've invaded Waterhall ) and secondly why should the taxpayer provide them somewhere to stop ? Strange that the council have come down heavily on homeless people setting up tents but don't have the guts to face down these vile people ( Dawn Barnett excepted ).

EDIT - *** Awaits the usual sycophantic defence of the Greens from the usual suspect ***

Ahh Ben Duncan, now there's a **** I won't forget in a hurry after his hired killers comment after armed forces day in the city, the problem with these busy cvnts is they've never done a hard days work in their lives choosing to get double busy on anything that they deem "offensive " Wasn't he also the **** criticising Halfords for selling pink bikes just for girls?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We have plenty of 'right on' liberals on NSC, but I'm struggling to see much support for the travelers.

Right on liberal here.

No problems with travellers who respect environment and community.

I have problems with some of the ones in this area though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Ahh Ben Duncan, now there's a **** I won't forget in a hurry after his hired killers comment after armed forces day in the city, the problem with these busy cvnts is they've never done a hard days work in their lives choosing to get double busy on anything that they deem "offensive " Wasn't he also the **** criticising Halfords for selling pink bikes just for girls?

I believe it was him. What his little stupid brain couldn't understand was that boys could equally have selected a pink bike as girls could have selected a blue bike. The bloke is a grade A toss pot. Throw in Kitcat and Hawtree and you have a local party that look like they were on day release from a mental hospital.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I believe it was him. What his little stupid brain couldn't understand was that boys could equally have selected a pink bike as girls could have selected a blue bike. The bloke is a grade A toss pot. Throw in Kitcat and Hawtree and you have a local party that look like they were on day release from a mental hospital.

It was Phelim Mcafferty.

It was also taken out of context and blown up by The Argus. But that was normal practice whether things useful or unhelpful were said. He simply commented on the stereo-type images that are placed before kids. Had I heard what he said in private conversation I would not have felt the need to make capital of it. In fact, nothing he said seemed at all like the ramblings of a nut job.

Ben Duncan's armed forces comment was rather typical of him. He saw a context of deployment, that being the politically motivated 'Armed Forces Day', which is less to do with respect and more to do with fostering a public conformity to government policy, and then he threw the baby out with the bath water. Whether he views the armed forces as 'hired killers' in every context I don't know. I know him personally and have not had that discussion.But I would vehemently disagree with him (as did the party).

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Is there such a thing?

I know. It can seem that there aren't. But I have read people who seem to receive the same small groups each year without problems.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Got a point here. I used to run a busy pub in Crawley and accommodate the 'local' travellers' who had been living around there for some years. Never had any probs with them, but every summer a wave of travellers 'on tour' would roll into town and create havoc. For them it is the ultimate 'away day', free from the laws in Ireland, they have licence to run amok while our gutless authorities do nothing. While i'm at it, whatever happened to the Anti-Social Behaviour Act??

"Part VII ("Public Order and Trespass") amends the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 in two main ways. First, the definition of a 'rave' is amended so that only 20 people, rather than 100 must be present. Second the powers of police to move unauthorised travellers' sites are strengthened. This Part also amends the provisions of the Public Order Act 1986 concerning public assemblies. The earlier Act gave the police power to intervene if a public assembly of 20 or more people appeared likely to cause 'serious public disorder, serious damage to property or serious disruption to the life of the community'. This Act reduces the number to two."

:shrug:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It was Phelim Mcafferty.

It was also taken out of context and blown up by The Argus. But that was normal practice whether things useful or unhelpful were said. He simply commented on the stereo-type images that are placed before kids. Had I heard what he said in private conversation I would not have felt the need to make capital of it. In fact, nothing he said seemed at all like the ramblings of a nut job.

Ben Duncan's armed forces comment was rather typical of him. He saw a context of deployment, that being the politically motivated 'Armed Forces Day', which is less to do with respect and more to do with fostering a public conformity to government policy, and then he threw the baby out with the bath water. Whether he views the armed forces as 'hired killers' in every context I don't know. I know him personally and have not had that discussion.But I would vehemently disagree with him (as did the party).

Poor you !!!!! I still haven't forgiven him for his pathetic attack on the residents of Hangleton and his complete blanking of me when I invited to show him the issues we were having. The bloke really is a nasty little tosspot how anyone was ever conned into voting for him is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here