Ah. Can I blame fake news?

I would :wink:

And my solution - 1 a night till symptoms desist

17790-item1-web14.jpg

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
There was a thing on the radio the other week about how calling people pikeys is racist and offensive. There was some lad saying that because of his background, people will always think he's a scumbag and a thief whatever he does with his life.

My thoughts were that if all pikeys weren't scumbags and thieves then they wouldn't get tarred with the "scumbags and thieves" brush.

The pikey *****.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Successive weak governments for the last 25 years are to blame. Travellers take advantage of anything and everything and so it is with the weak laws and reluctance to confront. Add to that the certainty that any member of the public trying to protect their community would doubtless feel the full force of th law if they so much as refer to them as "pikeys".
Yet again, the working person, the taxpayer, the law abiding family pay the price. Makes me ****ing sick.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
There is nothing* that winds me up more than these dirty scum freeloaders imposing their disgusting crap on the rest of us.
Why on earth do the authorities let them get away with it year in year out? :rant::rant::rant:

* except the obvious in this terribly sad week

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
How dare anybody say a bad word about these people???...they're a 'Minority'...and any opinion other than they are just victims of the nasty society and or just expressing their 'culture' of doing what ever the hell they like with no recourse is nothing but pure racism!
I'm sure Caroline Clueless and all the other 'right on' hand wringing liberals who blight our city, who love nothing but to jump to the defence of the oppressed minority's or 'victims' of any possible right on cause, would be happy to put their hands in their pockets to support them financially and open up her garden and drive way to such oppressed people???

Are you ill?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
How dare anybody say a bad word about these people???...they're a 'Minority'...and any opinion other than they are just victims of the nasty society and or just expressing their 'culture' of doing what ever the hell they like with no recourse is nothing but pure racism!
I'm sure Caroline Clueless and all the other 'right on' hand wringing liberals who blight our city, who love nothing but to jump to the defence of the oppressed minority's or 'victims' of any possible right on cause, would be happy to put their hands in their pockets to support them financially and open up her garden and drive way to such oppressed people???

The ramblings of a mad man.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This. Once again the 'majority' are being punished by having to put up with these t0ssers because some leftist idiot passes a bunch or rules that are exploited. I dislike pikeys with a passion, but the 'blame' has to be put squarely on the those left leaning prats that mistake Human Rights with the Right To Do What the F*** ou Want.

Also the ramblings of a mad man.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
If there is an event scheduled for land that the travellers are occupying, the Police have the power to move them on without a court order

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
There are some very "odd" attitudes from much of the travelling community. They seem to feel the rest of us (ie non-travellers) are "out to get them" and they show hostility because of this.
We had a bloke in court once, something to do with collecting scrap metal without a license or somesuch. He turned up unrepresented and, when asked if he had familiarised himself with the paperwork proudly boasted "No, cannot read and write"; his body language and attitude suggested to me that he wore his illiteracy as some sort of badge of honour.
The legal advice given was "fine him but make sure he pays before he leaves" (it's usual to give someone time to pay).

The problem with prosecuting them for criminal damage (cutting the padlock off) is that they all deny they did it, don't know who did and "it was already open when I arrived".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The ramblings of a mad man.

Also the ramblings of a mad man.

They may have not made their statements very eloquently but they certainly aren't mad. The local Green Party, when in power, were pretty loud in their support of travellers and their condemnation of anyone that dared be critical of them and their actions. At one council meeting where it was suggested that the council should become much tougher and instigate a zero tolerance approach to travellers one Green Councillor, I'm pretty sure it was Lizzie Deane, apoplectic in her defence of the travellers and how they were continuously picked on etc etc.

When Mike Weatherley, the then MP for Hove, arranged a meeting with local residents to discuss what they wanted done about the problem he was rounded upon by both Caroline Lucas ( who attended the meeting and was resoundingly drowned out with boos after she spoke in defence of travellers ) and Ben Duncan. Duncan even accused Weatherley of inciting racial hatred ( but given how utterly mad and vile Duncan is Weatherley probably took it as a compliment ! ).

The Greens adopted a soft touch on travellers - Jason Kitcat spoke a number of times in favour of only removing them from key sites and leaving them be elsewhere.

While the only real solution is to make trespass a criminal act, the council and the police should be making life as unpleasant as possible when these people just turn up and park. Not carrying out soft touch policies like the Greens suggest. The building of an additional travellers site is also not acceptable - firstly because they won't use it ( Horsdean has had space in the past when they've invaded Waterhall ) and secondly why should the taxpayer provide them somewhere to stop ? Strange that the council have come down heavily on homeless people setting up tents but don't have the guts to face down these vile people ( Dawn Barnett excepted ).

EDIT - *** Awaits the usual sycophantic defence of the Greens from the usual suspect ***

Last edited:

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
The trouble is, the Greens are a complete waste of space. Everyone except a few wannabe Hipsters realise this! I bet that those who voted for them are now regretting it!

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
They may have not made their statements very eloquently but they certainly aren't mad. The local Green Party, when in power, were pretty loud in their support of travellers and their condemnation of anyone that dared be critical of them and their actions. At one council meeting where it was suggested that the council should become much tougher and instigate a zero tolerance approach to travellers one Green Councillor, I'm pretty sure it was Lizzie Deane, apoplectic in her defence of the travellers and how they were continuously picked on etc etc.

When Mike Weatherley, the then MP for Hove, arranged a meeting with local residents to discuss what they wanted done about the problem he was rounded upon by both Caroline Lucas ( who attended the meeting and was resoundingly drowned out with boos after she spoke in defence of travellers ) and Ben Duncan. Duncan even accused Weatherley of inciting racial hatred ( but given how utterly mad and vile Duncan is Weatherley probably took it as a compliment ! ).

The Greens adopted a soft touch on travellers - Jason Kitcat spoke a number of times in favour of only removing them from key sites and leaving them be elsewhere.

While the only real solution is to make trespass a criminal act, the council and the police should be making life as unpleasant as possible when these people just turn up and park. Not carrying out soft touch policies like the Greens suggest. The building of an additional travellers site is also not acceptable - firstly because they won't use it ( Horsdean has had space in the past when they've invaded Waterhall ) and secondly why should the taxpayer provide them somewhere to stop ? Strange that the council have come down heavily on homeless people setting up tents but don't have the guts to face down these vile people ( Dawn Barnett excepted ).

EDIT - *** Awaits the usual sycophantic defence of the Greens from the usual suspect ***

This is not quite true. The Tents in Brighton and Hove are actually covered by local bye-laws which makes camping in certain green spaces an offence and the council can prosecute. However they do not like doing this. With regard to the extra sites at Horsdean this then allows a section 62 notice to be served directing the travellers to go to the transit site, if they refuse to go they cannot return to the city for 3 months as it is then a criminal offence. Without the transit site you could only issue a section 61 notice which meant they could simply move to the next green space in the city.

i'm usually a tolerant person but these people who live outside the law really get my goat...I remember about 10 years ago a bunch of them convinced my 88 year old gran to let them clear her garden for "only £30" which she agreed to and then about 20 of them turned up and demanded £600 from her after they had been there less than half hour as it was £30 per person. We only found out many months later after they had moved on. We also suspect all they did was dump the garden waste in whatever poor other soles back garden/land they were living on at the time.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Phew! Thank God it's just the dirty, filthy, thieving pikeys. When I read the op, I thought Sheffield Wednesday were in town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here