Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're favourites...

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Currently favourites, but a few additions to the squad over the summer and a good start should change that by the end of August
We'll need far more than a few additions me old mucker that's for sure....probably two quality strikers as Murray and baldock will be benchers at best.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
We'll be fine. There'll probably be a couple of basket case clubs next year in turmoil, Watford for one. Add to that the play off winners and then you've got Bournemouth who have lumped everything on an ageing Defoe.

If Palace appoint badly they could be in trouble as well. We are masters at beating teams we should be beating, we'll target and get points in the right places and be on the beach by mid April.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We'll be fine. There'll probably be a couple of basket case clubs next year in turmoil, Watford for one. Add to that the play off winners and then you've got Bournemouth who have lumped everything on an ageing Defoe.

If Palace appoint badly they could be in trouble as well. We are masters at beating teams we should be beating, we'll target and get points in the right places and be on the beach by mid April.
Like your optimism, but...................cough................Bristol City, Aston Villa..........

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
for relegation...

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

The bookies are normally right and if we're honest we should be favourites to go down, much as we expect more. Very low budget. No track record.

I hope that if we are bottom at Christmas that people aren't calling for Hughton's head. He deserves to stay even if we're bottom at the end of next year as he'd be the best man to get up straight back up again.

4 x posts ffffsake You're palarce feck off :moo:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Who cares? I'm going to enjoy it.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
No surprises and that's why I'm pleased that either Hudds or Reading will join us in the PL next year. I genuinely think we're much better than either club and if we are then effectively we only have to add two from the likes of Burnley, Leicester, Swansea, Watford to stay up. It's going to be a tough season but I'm hopeful.

Reading may have very wealthy owners soon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Its not exactly rocket science to suggest our present squad will struggle to avoid relegation but we need to see who we bring in before making the assumption that all is lost. I think that we need 6. or 7 new players to start so that this existing squad are that squad players.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Even if we get dicked 6-0 every week (with the exception of the 2 wins against Palace) i've am going to love every single minute of next season. We have fought long and hard just to sit at this table and i am not going to forget that. This is the best time in my seagulls supporting life!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
One has to imagine that the oddsmakers looked at the last three matches in April and May and thought this team melts under the pressure to win. The combination of Stockdale, the defence and some brilliant scoring by Murray, which had been absent in the previous season, were the tools used to have a very good season. Hughton is a very calming manager and he lead this side well. Although when the better sides came calling Brighton never truly responded. If you were looking at it from the outside it's easy to see which PL team, at this point, will be the most likely to get unnerved by the pressure. I hope they are all wrong.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
We will be playing the Great Escape next May

As long as it not another play off game. I'd rather us go up automatically again. I think promotion may be a bit too much to ask first time round though.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
You could look at this positively and think the bookmakers are there to make money and see 4/6 as a decent proposition to tempt the big money pre season bets, when all along they know they will make good money off this as they have every belief we will stay up and and its just a way of taking money off the gullible....

Half full guys, half full

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I will be very surprised if we are relegated.

These things are largely determined by budgets - assuming a reasonably average sort of success rate in recruitment, which I think you can at the moment with us - and I can't see any way that Tony Bloom will set a budget that means we are 50/50 to go down.

it is undoubtedly tough and there is obviously a probability we will be relegated. My guess is 30% probability in 2017/18, falling to 20% in 2018/19 and then 10% in 2019/20...

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Most sides that are making their debut in the PL are odds-on for relegation at this point, even without the playoff winners decided. We are odds-against. All the price is saying is that we are more likely to stay up than go back down.

That's a good thing. Isn't it?

jeremy fisher

Sep 20, 2014
4 posts in nearly 3 years, were the others gloomy :wink:......Jeremy "Fisher"

I've been supporting Brighton for the last 37 years! I've seen and been through it all with the club I've loved since I was a boy. What does it matter if it's just my fourth post! I'm on this forum 3-4 times a week following what's going on and love to read the posts. I just don't make many myself.

I just worry that everyone will go into next season being overoptimistic. We need to go into next season clear in the knowledge that we'll be fighting to survive and it's going to be a tough, but hopefully fun ride! Most of the clubs at the bottom of the table sack their manager during the season in a desperate attempt to stay up. I just hope that we don't fall into that trap.

I hope as much as anyone that we have a great season and stay up long term. It would be amazing! I'd absolutely love it!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here