Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce Resigns....

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't feel we've been shafted at all.
Sam was brought in to keep us up on a two and a half year contract.
There was a clause in the contract that said there was a break after 6 months, for either party. The £2 mill bonus for Sam hasn't been paid, it's payable after a set period of time ( learned from the Pulis fiasco )
So as it stands, we've stayed up , earning a minimum of £120 mill next season, and its cost around £1 mill in wages.
Sounds a good deal to me.

I can't see that he has done much wrong TBH. Its not like when Pulis left you in the lurch at all - this has been timed to cause the least disruption possible.

If there was a bonus for keeping you up, then he should be paid it - he did just that.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It seems that he resigned after finding out that someone he knew died in the bombing (the wife of a mate). I'd imagine that I'd feel the same if I was close to retirement age and very wealthy. Presumably he can do a bit of media work should he want to.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Ha. The deluded arrogance.

Why would he, even consider uprooting down South to Palace, when he already has full backing and complete control at a club of equal standing?

Dyche has done an excellent job at Burnley, but there's absolutely no question that Palace are a more attractive proposition. We're a London club, our transfer budget is considerably higher and we're able to pay much higher wages both to potential targets and the manager himself.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Dyche has done an excellent job at Burnley, but there's absolutely no question that Palace are a more attractive proposition. We're a London club, our transfer budget is considerably higher and we're able to pay much higher wages both to potential targets and the manager himself.

What about Dougie, don't you owe him for putting in the ground work in your promotion season and paying him a pitance?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dyche has done an excellent job at Burnley, but there's absolutely no question that Palace are a more attractive proposition.

Yes there is. From all manner of perspectives. Many would decline to leave the security of an established job for the risk of a new one. Then there's the club ownership models. The location - need to uproot your family, pace of life, cost of living, etc. Does he have kids? Does he want them growing up in South London?

We're a London club

To some foreign players that seems a draw. To an English manager, well settled in the North of the country, it as likely to be on his 'cons' list.

we're able to pay much higher wages both to potential targets and the manager himself.

No you're not. We have this same discussion with a Bournemouth fan this week. Burnley are no less ABLE to pay those wages. The income streams of Palace and Burnley are basically identical. You are not 'able to pay much higher wages' at all. You just CHOOSE to.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Ha. The deluded arrogance.

Why would he, even consider uprooting down South to Palace, when he already has full backing and complete control at a club of equal standing?

Bigger budget and salary, and working with better players maybe ?
He was interviewed for the managers position before.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Bigger budget and salary, and working with better players maybe ?
He was interviewed for the managers position before.

You finished 1 point ahead of Burnley... just putting that out there

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I can't see that he has done much wrong TBH. Its not like when Pulis left you in the lurch at all - this has been timed to cause the least disruption possible.

If there was a bonus for keeping you up, then he should be paid it - he did just that.

Pulls lied to get his bonus before the due date.
I was wrong about Sam not being paid his bonus, he's been paid, but Palace will receive compensation if he joins another club within a set period of time ( 2 years I believe)

SAC

May 21, 2014
I was wrong about Sam not being paid his bonus, he's been paid, but Palace will receive compensation if he joins another club within a set period of time ( 2 years I believe)

Although plausible, this is guesswork, I imagine the only people that really know are BFS, his agent and the Palace board.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Palace have had eight different managers(five full time, 3 temporaries) in the time that Dyche has been at Burnley. Money certainly talks but if I were Dyche I really don't see what Palace offer other than a few extra quid. Dyche has built Burnley and is in total control there. He's never getting that at Palace. Palace and Watford must be the two least attractive clubs to manage in the long term...shit grounds, shit infrastructure(although I might be doing watford a disservice there) and a rapidly revolving door for managers. Why would anyone in a stable job at the same level go to either club?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Palace have had eight different managers(five full time, 3 temporaries) in the time that Dyche has been at Burnley. Money certainly talks but if I were Dyche I really don't see what Palace offer other than a few extra quid. Dyche has built Burnley and is in total control there. He's never getting that at Palace. Palace and Watford must be the two least attractive clubs to manage in the long term...shit grounds, shit infrastructure(although I might be doing watford a disservice there) and a rapidly revolving door for managers. Why would anyone in a stable job at the same level go to either club?

But Dyche hasn't got a hatred of all things Palace.
Maybe he may feel he can't go much further with Burnley ?
I personally don't want Dyche anyway.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
But Dyche hasn't got a hatred of all things Palace.
Maybe he may feel he can't go much further with Burnley ?
I personally don't want Dyche anyway.

That's (probably...) true but neither does he have a love for all things palace. Palace do have a revolving door for managers. When was the last time you started and finished a season with the same guy in charge? If you're at a stable club where you call the shots and have the club running to your liking form top to bottom why would you go to a club where the chances are you'll be out on your ear in under a year...all for a few extra quid? How much farther do you think palace can go than Burnley? Not much, realistically.

Still, you don't want him, he (probably) doesn't want you so it's just a hypothetical.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey

Your just making things up for the sake of it. Please just post facts and not your pure speculation. You are making yourself look very stupid.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
That's (probably...) true but neither does he have a love for all things palace. Palace do have a revolving door for managers. When was the last time you started and finished a season with the same guy in charge? If you're at a stable club where you call the shots and have the club running to your liking form top to bottom why would you go to a club where the chances are you'll be out on your ear in under a year...all for a few extra quid? How much farther do you think palace can go than Burnley? Not much, realistically.

Still, you don't want him, he (probably) doesn't want you so it's just a hypothetical.

Most football fans would see Palace a better proposition then Burnley ( not Brighton fans obviously)
According to many on here, Burnley was a tinpot northern shithole when they dared to bid for Stephens last season !
I personally reckon you lot will struggle to finish above all of the tinpot clubs next season, but it's all about of opinions isn't it ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
For what it's worth the word on Caterham High St today has been Mancini but I'm sure that will quickly change to Monk.

Monk's nailed on for Boro.
Can't see Mancini coming, he'll be after a bigger club then Palace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here