Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Allardyce Resigns....

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not liking Ranieri being the current favourite. He's too good for them

why on earth would he go there and lose reputation. Ranieri is going to hold out for a top 4-5 team, go abroad, or retire on his laurels.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I just love the disruption this will cause the club, for example who now will name the retained list with at least 6 of their 25 out of contract in June and another 6 entering their final year. So who is to decide who stays or who goes.Not ideal for the new season and players wanting to know where they stand.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Please please please Steve Van Klaren.

More than likely it'll be Mancini or Coleman though. Which is annoying

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What an absolute **** Allardyce is.

If he'd decided to turn it all in after the England debacle, Palace would be facing up to a season back in the Championship right now. But, no, like the utter ******* he is, he had one last swansong saving yet another desperately poor club from relegation. FFS.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I just love the disruption this will cause the club, for example who now will name the retained list with at least 6 of their 25 out of contract in June and another 6 entering their final year. So who is to decide who stays or who goes.Not ideal for the new season and players wanting to know where they stand.

Allardyce had made decisions on this sort of thing already, thankfully, although it's possible that a new manager might overrule him.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
What an absolute **** Allardyce is.

If he'd decided to turn it all in after the England debacle, Palace would be facing up to a season back in the Championship right now. But, no, like the utter ******* he is, he had one last swansong saving yet another desperately poor club from relegation. FFS.

I bet he's Glad all Over he got out with his reputation intact and decided not to risk it for another season with Palace.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He'd never say this, but I suspect this is about money. We know from the England fiasco that Allardyce likes a pound note - greedy is probably the word.

He was widely reported to have got a £2million bonus for keeping Palace up, plus the wages - maybe another £1m, so £3m for five months' work. Add that to the £1m pay-off he got from England, and the £2m last season for keeping Sunderland up, that is £6million plus Sunderland wages in a year and he is set up.

Because some of the stuff in the statement yesterday just didn't ring true, if he felt that then he would have felt it five months ago.

While clearly I'm not that upset, do feel Palace and Parish have been a bit shafted on this one.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Please please please Steve Van Klaren.

More than likely it'll be Mancini or Coleman though. Which is annoying

Coleman isn't all that, IMO. His club record is patchy at best, and his Welsh miracle is based squarely on the skills and appetite of Gareth Bale.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He'd never say this, but I suspect this is about money. We know from the England fiasco that Allardyce likes a pound note - greedy is probably the word.

He was widely reported to have got a £2million bonus for keeping Palace up, plus the wages - maybe another £1m, so £3m for five months' work. Add that to the £1m pay-off he got from England, and the £2m last season for keeping Sunderland up, that is £6million plus Sunderland wages in a year and he is set up.

Because some of the stuff in the statement yesterday just didn't ring true, if he felt that then he would have felt it five months ago.

While clearly I'm not that upset, do feel Palace and Parish have been a bit shafted on this one.

Yes, it's great isn't it?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Coleman isn't all that, IMO. His club record is patchy at best, and his Welsh miracle is based squarely on the skills and appetite of Gareth Bale.
Chris Coleman who received an OBE for "Gareth Bale being good at football". Massively overrated, I agree.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Can't agree with the whole 'Coleman is useless' narrative.

Even if you forget the rest of the Wales team (which would be ridiculous), give him some credit for the man management of Bale. You have a world superstar, yet he is one of the lads in that dressing room, some of that and getting the best out of him for his country has to be down to Coleman. Plus he's a good bloke and harder to hate- give me McClaren at Palace any day!

I'd agree Coleman still has something to prove at club level, but who says he won't do that, still a young bloke. Mancini is the one that I really wouldn't want there, though.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Even if you forget the rest of the Wales team (which would be ridiculous), give him some credit for the man management of Bale. You have a world superstar, yet he is one of the lads in that dressing room, some of that and getting the best out of him for his country has to be down to Coleman. Plus he's a good bloke and harder to hate- give me McClaren at Palace any day!

I'd agree Coleman still has something to prove at club level, but who says he won't do that, still a young bloke. Mancini is the one that I really wouldn't want there, though.

But, he managed to lose to England with Gareth Bale. Can't say too much about his managerial qualities.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

The Welsh team is not that bad, the first 11 is pretty decent, and given 3 sides could get through to the finals it was a par achievement.

Lets not forget, it took a Bale wonder goal not to sink qualification in the first game in Andorra.

Alongside Bale they have:

Davies, Ramsey, Williams, Collins, Taylor, Allan, Leadley etc - these are not bad players at all....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here