Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62
  1. #31
    Members
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,247


    0 Not allowed!
    I still enjoy watching the Persuaders and the theme tune brings back lots of memories of my younger days.
    RIP Roger.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      3,019


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Steve in Japan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      RIP Roger, my first cinema trip with my mates was Live and Let Die....Happy Memories. I see that Sheriff JW Pepper died last month too.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_James

      Clifton James died on 15 April 2017. He also played the skinflint owner of a Chicago baseball team in the movie "Eight Men Out."

      He was not mentioned in the 2017 Death Pool.
      Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

      ---- L. Ron Hubbard
    • #33
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      16,683


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I always preferred him as The Saint, rather than Bond. He had a good innings.
      This, but then I never liked Bond anyway (whoever was playing him - no slight on Sir Rog.) As you say, he had a good innings. RIP.
    • #34
      Members
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      A long way from the coast...
      Posts
      4,378


      1 Not allowed!
      My fav Bond of all time, Moonraker, The Spy Who Loved me, some of the best

      CLASS

      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated Autumn 2017
    • #35

      1 Not allowed!
      Ivanhoe was my favourite. RIP Roger.
    • #36
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      33,532


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      This, but then I never liked Bond anyway (whoever was playing him - no slight on Sir Rog.) As you say, he had a good innings. RIP.
      I liked Bond, but Sean Connery was the epitome for me.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #37
      Members Albion my Albion's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Darlington, UK
      Posts
      3,019


      0 Not allowed!
      Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.

      ---- L. Ron Hubbard
    • #38
      non sequitur Puppet Master's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Posts
      3,892


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Albion my Albion View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clifton_James

      Clifton James died on 15 April 2017. He also played the skinflint owner of a Chicago baseball team in the movie "Eight Men Out."

      He was not mentioned in the 2017 Death Pool.
      oh FFS THIS DAY GETS WORSE
      test
    • #39

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I liked Bond, but Sean Connery was the epitome for me.
      Much debate about who was the best Bond but Roger Moore had the best Bond films. Connery has Goldfinger and Diamonds Are Forever, both of which are good but not as good as Spy Why Loved Me, Man With the Golden Gun, Live and Let Die.

      RIP Roger Moore, a man who truly loved Sussex.
      My music blog: de-minimis music
    • #40
      Members Hugo Rune's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      4,628

      Roger Moore has died


      0 Not allowed!
      The way Bond (Moore) managed to manipulate the situation of murdering Agent XXX's boyfriend but then later bedding her in The Spy Who Loved Me taught me everything I needed to know about charming women!

      On a serious note - RIP. A great character and brilliant life.
      :guitar:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy