Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh do f*ck off, if you read what I what I was replying to it was a comment about governments thinking they have time to waste on issues like foxhunting when there are more important things to be focusing on, like security.
The comment you replied to said that our PM's priority was to bring back fox hunting. You have to be a ****ing idiot to think that it her priority over security. Are you suggesting that we should have no laws relating to the more trivial (in comparison to this terrorist attack) things in life? Labour banned fox hunting (which I'm glad about), so are you saying Labour are totally out of touch with reality when they should have focused their efforts on the country's security instead?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Islam is 500ish years younger than Christianity, to be either Catholic or Protestant in this country from circa 1500, to 1700 was no walk in the park either.
Henry Vlll alone had 72000 people executed in England, mainly for religious reasons, and his daughters also kept up the family tradition of religious persecution, of both Christian sects, at various times . Maybe it's something all religions go through, and it's the innocent who suffer.

My deepest condolences to all affected by the Manchester lunatic.

Islam isn't going through a phase. The difference with Christianity if you strip the book down to the man you can emulate his life without harm to anyone. Islam doesn't have this luxury with Muhammad.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The number I believed was accepted was 72000, and a lot of books etc I've read have this number, but, I won't dispute a lower figure, however, one person dying prematurely over how you worship a god that probably (my opinion) doesn't exist, is obscene anyway
Can't disagree with you there - it's shocking. Still amazed old Henry saw off that many (however many it actually was!) - if you'd asked me to guess yesterday I'd have gone for hundreds rather than thousands. Still, live and learn, eh?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The number I believed was accepted was 72000, and a lot of books etc I've read have this number, but, I won't dispute a lower figure, however, one person dying prematurely over how you worship a god that probably (my opinion) doesn't exist, is obscene anyway

Figures in those days were exaggerated. Just like how many people died on the battlefiled ie Agincourt, Boudica's defeat etc

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can't disagree with you there - it's shocking. Still amazed old Henry saw off that many (however many it actually was!) - if you'd asked me to guess yesterday I'd have gone for hundreds rather than thousands. Still, live and learn, eh?

He was one of our worst ever tyrants, if not the worst. Probably a high chance of mental illness in there somewhere, in his crushing of Catholic rebellion over reformation in the north of England, he really excelled. His seizures of the RC monasteries and land, was brutal.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really wish they wouldn't name these extremist scumbags. It's what they want surely! Just scrape them up and bin 'em, and never plaster their ugly mugs all over the media.

There should be a policy to only refer to them as , The Manchester lunatic, The Westminster lunatic etc

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He was one of our worst ever tyrants, if not the worst. Probably a high chance of mental illness in there somewhere, in his crushing of Catholic rebellion over reformation in the north of England, he really excelled. His seizures of the RC monasteries and land, was brutal.

As I know you're into your Sussex history, a couple of weeks back I was in The Red Lion in Brede, just north of Hastings, and I learned there are priest holes going under the main road from St.Georges Church opposite. Apparently only recently discovered. They've since been filled in over the centuries and they don't know where they would have come up in the pub grounds. All dating back to the reformation under Henry VIII. I always knew Battle Abbey nearby too was brutally dealt with under the dissolution of the monasteries. It was vicious.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I really wish they wouldn't name these extremist scumbags. It's what they want surely! Just scrape them up and bin 'em, and never plaster their ugly mugs all over the media.

So you are in favor of what the BBC love reporting then ?

A mentally ill man blows himself up

A lone wolf kills bla bla bla.

Sorry but this is major news and we have the right to know the truth even if you don't like it.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
One keeps on reading and hearing about the Dark web,is it not possible to "bring down" ? Or do the security services need it as much as those that wish to do us harm do as a stream of information activity ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I wish they wouldn't keep reporting it as 22 people killed - call it like it is: 21 people killed, plus 1 cvnt who wasn't worth a place in the human race.

RIP to the 21 though - sympathies to all their friends and families.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
Yep, if you analyse a home game in terms of predictable large gatherings of people there are many 'opportunities'...

On a personal level, this atrocity hit me hard - I have an 11 year old daughter, who is a fan of Ms Grande, and has in the past listened to her music (I think she's more in Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran now). I can easily imagine her being at such a concert (with me with her to look after her)... I had to stop reading about it on the train this morning, as I was almost in tears reading.

I've cried more times today than I can remember, watching it on the news this morning and then I've been out driving all day doing surveys with my girlfriend, every time she told me of another confirmed name it set me off again.
I have 2 daughters, 13 and 10, both fans of Ariana Grande, every time I see confirmation of another pointless loss of life I think of them.
I will be hugging them in tears when I see them at the weekend.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I wish they wouldn't keep reporting it as 22 people killed - call it like it is: 21 people killed, plus 1 cvnt who wasn't worth a place in the human race.

Sure I read that the 22 didn't include the bomber

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Reading the Evening Standard it seems the scumbag hasn't been included in the 22.

Which sends out the right message if true......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
30k jihadists returned from disintegrating IS running around in U.K. Known to security services but we can only arrest seemingly at the moment they're about to kill. Either we're going to have to be incredibly lucky or get used to people dying and the same old same old political responses. We've already seen at least 1 NSC poster die through this ****ed up ideology. Sure as night follows day I think there will be others - suicide bombing by Islamic extremists is here to stay and no where is safe because we're tolerate society. So we must tolerate losing good people. They won't win. But neither will we. I despair of humankind on days like today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The comment you replied to said that our PM's priority was to bring back fox hunting. You have to be a ****ing idiot to think that it her priority over security. Are you suggesting that we should have no laws relating to the more trivial (in comparison to this terrorist attack) things in life? Labour banned fox hunting (which I'm glad about), so are you saying Labour are totally out of touch with reality when they should have focused their efforts on the country's security instead?

1. You're the only one talking about Labour.
2. I think that any leader faced with the challenge of completing a Brexit deal within 2 years and the clock ticking down fast IS a f*cking idiot to be giving even a moment's thought to foxhunting.
3. Returning to the issue of security, it is a real concern that police budgets have been cut to the bone and they are under-resourced whilst the Chancellor gives out tax cuts to the rich. Society is f*cked up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1. You're the only one talking about Labour.
Yeah I just added them to highlight how silly it is that you're criticising the government for having less significant policies, just as the previous government had done.
2. I think that any leader faced with the challenge of completing a Brexit deal within 2 years and the clock ticking down fast IS a f*cking idiot to be giving even a moment's thought to foxhunting.
Has May said that she will be having a vote on fox hunting within the next two years? No. Not that any government is incapable of dealing with domestic laws at the same time as Brexit.
3. Returning to the issue of security, it is a real concern that police budgets have been cut to the bone and they are under-resourced whilst the Chancellor gives out tax cuts to the rich.
Yes that is a concern and if you'd posted that then a lot of people would agree with you. But to say (or agree with the statement) that our PM prioritises bringing back fox hunting over national security is intensely stupid.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Islam is a very troubled religion because Muslims are bound to Muhammad who could do no wrong and is regarded as the best role model for mankind. Every inhuman deed he did will be justified by Muslims including even when at 50 marrying a child of 6 and consummating the marriage when she was 9. To defend this as a basic principle means that their logic and morallity is badly skewed on the first level.

No other religion has to defend a tyrant.

According to Christian beliefs God got 12 year old Mary pregnant - a much bigger age difference!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here