Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Just seen the interview with the cowards dad, not hard to understand where his views subliminally came from or at very least started from.

It won't be long before the police and security services are vilified for not picking him up sooner, those wishing to have a go at them please remember how many potential people they are watching or have watched and in turn these people go to extrondary lengths to be under the radar.

Agreed. I can't help but feel baffled when people cry 'Police state' or '1984' when some news story tells of security forces trying to gain access to information they need from some sketchy tax loophole corporation. I have utmost respect for our security forces.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's a news report from last month. Is this the bit where you accuse us of hypocrisy because we didn't all comment on that particular atrocity? If so, why? I'm sure you're aware that the type of news that anyone will notice and be affected by will depend on proximity, personal connections and how frequently it happens. It's why the Shoreham disaster was a much bigger "deal" to us in Sussex than those who don't live locally. It's just human nature to react in the way people are on this thread compared to how they react to similar news from a foreign country.

I may have missed it but I've done a search and can't find any mention of that news item from you at the time. If I've misinterpreted the point then apologies but I think you're on shaky ground here.
Get off your high horse, tens of thousands of kids have died at the hands of this fu*kwits, there's a much wider problem then a few attacks over here, not letting the wan*ers back in after they've been fighting over there would be a great start!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So Trump spoke to the Russian's about bomb laptop threats when in March there was a laptop travel ban. Errrrh hardly top secret ??? And warning of laptop bombs on Russian planes is hardly a threat to our security is it?

The leaks that have come out about this suicide bomber is far more of a breach of trust, probably via the CIA whilst Trump is nowhere near the US.

Please try and keep up.

The information that Trump passed over to the Russians was from another country which had been marked effectively for your eyes only. By doing so, Trump potentially exposed the agent who had gone under cover inside ISIS controlled areas in Syria. This would lead to the need of the Americans to spend in troops if the agent is at risk.

And by passing the details to the Russians he has effectively passed the details to Syria.

All of which is probably a threat to our security.

I would have thought that in todays world Trump is still in touch with and in control of America

But hey you seem happy that secret no longer means secret.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Deluded AND Clueless .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What year was the cut off point? At what point did stoic turn to snowflake? I'd be interested to hear your opinion on this because I also believe that our population has generally softened.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Please try and keep up.

The information that Trump passed over to the Russians was from another country which had been marked effectively for your eyes only. By doing so, Trump potentially exposed the agent who had gone under cover inside ISIS controlled areas in Syria. This would lead to the need of the Americans to spend in troops if the agent is at risk.

And by passing the details to the Russians he has effectively passed the details to Syria.

All of which is probably a threat to our security.

I would have thought that in todays world Trump is still in touch with and in control of America

But hey you seem happy that secret no longer means secret.

In March there was a laptop travel ban. You do have a great imagination though.

The leak that came out today was potentially far more damaging to the current investigation.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Get off your high horse, tens of thousands of kids have died at the hands of this fu*kwits, there's a much wider problem then a few attacks over here, not letting the wan*ers back in after they've been fighting over there would be a great start!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I don't think it's me getting on any high horse.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
In March there was a laptop travel ban. You do have a great imagination though.

The leak that came out today was far potentially far more damaging to the current investigation.

No just read the facts but carry on with the blinkers

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I reckon 1997 and the death of Princess Di was a defining moment.

I can't pinpoint the exact date as I don't use it, but I believe it was when Facebook reached a certain critical mass and everybody started sharing everything and the slightest personal traumas were greeted with "you alright, hun?" and "sendin' hugs" and other such meaningless, trite nonsense.

I believe this generation is physically fitter and better educated than any previous generation - but mentally weaker.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I can't pinpoint the exact date as I don't use it, but I believe it was when Facebook reached a certain critical mass and everybody started sharing everything and the slightest personal traumas where greeted with "you alright, hun?" and "sendin' hugs" and other such meaningless, trite nonsense.

I believe this generation is physically fitter and better educated than any previous generation - but mentally weaker.
Yep. The internet pioneers.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They have probably got hundreds if not thousands under surveillance in some shape or form.

The trouble is that our system is restricted by the law and human rights. Personally I wouldn’t have a problem with tagging everyone under suspicion of having extremist views or contacts but that would be Islamaphobic.

I actually quite like that our government has to adhere to things like the law and human rights. Sets us apart from the barbarians.

I'm uneasy with the sort of system you're proposing. Sure, it might seem like the solution to this problem but what if, someway down the line, the government decides that people who like marmite should be considered extremist? I realise that's a real simple and unlikely scenario, it's merely meant to point out the possibility for abuse.

Surveillance in the wrong hands is just another means of control.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I actually quite like that our government has to adhere to things like the law and human rights. Sets us apart from the barbarians.

I'm uneasy with the sort of system you're proposing. Sure, it might seem like the solution to this problem but what if, someway down the line, the government decides that people who like marmite should be considered extremist? I realise that's a real simple and unlikely scenario, it's merely meant to point out the possibility for abuse.

Surveillance in the wrong hands is just another means of control.

Oh dear..... let's be adult about this, our govt is subject to democratic and parliamentary checks and balances,...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I reckon 1997 and the death of Princess Di was a defining moment.

Yes. Always seen that as a pivotal point in the quivering of the upper lip. That said, as false as that emotion was for many, I don't think it was entirely a bad thing.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yes. Always seen that as a pivotal point in the quivering of the upper lip. That said, as false as that emotion was for many, I don't think it was entirely a bad thing.

I thought it was absolutely bat-shit mental. :mad:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh dear..... let's be adult about this, our govt is subject to democratic and parliamentary checks and balances,...

This isn't the case whilst Corbyn is the opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here