Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It’s just occurred to me that this Ariana concert was probably targeted because of the sexualised content in her music. I don't think it was some random gig picked out of a hat, this was chosen for a specific reason.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I thought I heard on the BBC that his dad tried to warn our authorities that he was dangerous.

No idea; I heard on the radio news over here (heading in to work a few hours ago) that his father was claiming his son was innocent.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought I heard on the BBC that his dad tried to warn our authorities that he was dangerous.

Seems the Americans and/or the French are saying that we were tipped off that he was dangerous and this came from his parents originally.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The Americans leaked the name.

And now they've leaked more details about the actual bomb.

So much for the special relationship and security.

Trump has a lot to answer for, he is endangering so many around the world due to an inability to keep himself and his team silent on security matters.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seems the Americans and/or the French are saying that we were tipped off that he was dangerous and this came from his parents originally.

Are the Americans seriously playing politics with this!!?? Strikes me they're trying to show they're ahead of everyone by leaking this stuff. What a disgrace to be doing this behind our backs. Nothing to actually say they tipped us off yet, but if they didn't it would suggest Trumps protectionism has taken root.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Are the Americans seriously playing politics with this!!?? Strikes me they're trying to show they're ahead of everyone by leaking this stuff. What a disgrace to be doing this behind our backs. Nothing to actually say they tipped us off yet, but if they didn't it would suggest Trumps protectionism has taken root.

I notice that you and a few others are mentioning Trump here but as much as I dislike him, I don't think he's directly culpable. He has zero influence over newspapers like the NY Times who are acting almost as opposition to him. The security services also aren't at his beck and call in the same way that someone like Bush Snr had them (no surprises given his CIA links).

I suspect that news reporting is a bit like the Wild West over there in the States at the moment and the newspapers are keen to bag a scoop without US Government interference. Their audience is not the UK so they don't care about British sensitivities here.

In short, for once I don't think you can blame Trump for this except for perhaps fostering the climate from which this is now coming.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Nothing beyond what is being done.

There are people with a much deeper understanding of the challenges working every day to mitigate the risks we face from terrorism.

I'll live my life and that won't include
- mocking those who use social media to show solidarity
- dismissing that there are deeply complex reasons as to why people commit these acts

I'm not posting on this thread anymore as it's degenerated as they always do into a politicised set of opinions.

F**k terrorism.

RIP to those who lost their lives.

So basically **** all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here