Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So my doctor who is Muslim has to answer for the Islamic worlds lack of scientific contributions over the last one thousand years. For f.ucks sake always always stay in Australia mate.

Well that would depend if his religious views might impact negatively on our evolved western culture or not ?

Why would you even know or your doctor wished to be defined by his religion and when did qualification or profession negate a challenge to an extreme religious belief no matter of status, weren't the Scottish airport bombers doctors or something similar ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Played like a cheap violin, falling into the trap of the hate filled media.
Maybe we have, but still people are dying and we go through these arguments. Doing nothing is killing innocent people.
Stop mocking and come up with a liberal, progressive solution.

People like me have our views and are mocked by the great and the good.
Not one of you can offer any end to it but can titter amongst yourselves about our thicko ignorance.

Great job

So you freely admit that, because you don't know the answer, your solution is persecution, extradition and purges? Outstanding. That'll work.

One way to stop this is ceasing the persistent persecution of people in lands that the West wishes to control or have excessive influence over. We're bombing the shit out of Syria, we're selling arms to have the shit bombed out of Yemen; we're one of the biggest exporters of arms in the world. And a nauseating tonnage is being dropped on innocent people's heads in their own back yard. That's likely to piss them off.

Another point is encouraging greater, more integrated education among Muslim communities in the UK and across Europe. There are young Muslim children in this country who are appalled and saddened by what's happened, and are frightened of the consequences. But your answer (persecution) has no value for a civilised society. You blame Islam, without thinking of what you're saying.

The wahhabist preachers need to have their authority and influence challenged more sternly by their own communities, to the point banning hate preachers (similar to those like Hopkins, Robinson et al) from our society.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No you read again, I didn't say 'hate filled post', I said 'posts', so I won't read 'it' again, as there are more than one. There is hate in some of your posts.
I didn't say 'hate filled post', I said '[hate filled]posts' - oh you're really notching up the talking bollox now.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Maybe we have, but still people are dying and we go through these arguments. Doing nothing is killing innocent people.

Not one of you can offer any end to it but can titter amongst yourselves about our thicko ignorance.

Great job

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I don't agree with your view in the slightest but I also do not think you're ignorant. You've come to hold your beliefs for your own reasons and that, to me, isn't ignorant. As I say, I don't agree with you but I do respect, as far as I can, the views you hold.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not really. He apparently idly sat back whilst his father (or other part of him depending on your view of the Trinity) threw fire and brimstone on two whole cities, had the ground swallow up thousands of apostates against Moses, killed 72,000 (I think) people because King David had the temerity to call a census when he shouldn't, supported the genocide of an entire nation so his people could have their land, committed an entire nation to die in the desert because their leader didn't credit him with giving them water from a rock, wiped out all the firstborns of an entire nation so his people could be set free, had his angel wipe of 185,000 soldiers who came up against Israel, killed a bunch of kids with a bear for insulting his prophet, had his favourite king get away with murdering a man so he could have his wife yet struck a man down for trying to stop his Ark falling down, flooded an entire world because his creation fancied a shag on the earth....and so on....

Plus, he had the apostle Paul to balance the books of intolerance.

You just quoted a bunch of stuff Allah's people did.

The Jesus character quite clearly said forget that violence. Mohammed was all about violence.

Not sure why you're defending a far right wing ideology, do you defend all or just some right leaning ideologies?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Great job

No tittering here. I don't find any of this remotely amusing.

As liberal and wet as it no doubt sounds, education and co-operation ARE the answers. What other possible answers are there?

Bulldoze mosques? Listen to yourself FFS. That kind of rhetoric is precisely what these hate-filled pricks want. They need that reaction - its literally fuel to their fire.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Pitiful. You've even arguing against your own point.

Yes by providing links that point out Islam and the scientific world departed from each other a long time ago.

Would it make you feel better if i said seven hundred years instead to appease your pedany ways?

To anyone familiar with this Golden Age, roughly spanning the eighth through the thirteenth centuries a.d., the disparity between the intellectual achievements of the Middle East then and now — particularly relative to the rest of the world — is staggering indeed.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes by providing links that point out Islam and the scientific world departed from each other a long time ago.

Would it make you feel better if i said seven hundred years instead to appease your pedany ways?

To anyone familiar with this Golden Age, roughly spanning the eighth through the thirteenth centuries a.d., the disparity between the intellectual achievements of the Middle East then and now — particularly relative to the rest of the world — is staggering indeed.

The Islamic world has contributed next to nothing to the scientific world for a thousand years.

Apart from Nobel Prize winning scientists, pioneers and achievers - no it doesn't.

But then, that's not my problem, just yours.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Sorry but I respectfully disagree. Anyone who subscribes to the ideology of ISIS considers the teachings and interpretations of moderate Islam to be plainly wrong and misguided.

I also think we make a big mistake in constantly using the term 'Community'. I saw a discussion programme a while back where a Muslim member of the audience asserted "What is this 'Community' that is always referred to when discussing the issue? There is no more a Muslim Community than a Christian one".

extremists of any religion (or indeed belief itself) are not born so you move from normal to extremism. thats something that can be observed and countered. and the member of the audience is taking ballcocks, of course there is a Muslim as well as Cristian community - they have common views, beliefs and interests.

pigbite

Sep 9, 2007
You just quoted a bunch of stuff Allah's people did.

The Jesus character quite clearly said forget that violence. Mohammed was all about violence.

Not sure why you're defending a far right wing ideology, do you defend all or just some right leaning ideologies?

I'm not defending either. Frankly it's all a bunch of superstitious nonsense as far as I am concerned. You claimed Jesus' message was different and I would agree the overall message of the NT is not the same as the OT (although as I say, Paul managed to create a bunch of intolerant morals out of it) but all those things are in Bible and sanctioned by God. Jesus supposedly would have been in heaven seeing/participating in all this stuff would he not?

Trying to pass off half the Bible as nothing to do with Christians is ridiculous.

Not only that but Revelation preaches yet more destruction and judgement. Very firmly NT.

No tittering here. I don't find any of this remotely amusing.

As liberal and wet as it no doubt sounds, education and co-operation ARE the answers. What other possible answers are there?

Bulldoze mosques? Listen to yourself FFS. That kind of rhetoric is precisely what these hate-filled pricks want. They need that reaction - its literally fuel to their fire.
Bulldoze all mosques is exactly what I said. If they want to preach Islam, hire out a hall and then you have to abide by the laws of hate speech.

The Happy clappy Christians who disagreed with the churches teachings were forced to do exactly this on a Sunday.

We will just have to disagree because I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Trying to pass off half the Bible as nothing to do with Christians is ridiculous.

It's a book. You don't judge its overall message by judging it 70% of the way through, that's just silly.

As for Revelation, it was an apocalyptic writing on the terror of Nero's reign, so of course there is violence in it. It was a warning about persecution, not an encouragement to be violent.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bulldoze all mosques is exactly what I said. If they want to preach Islam, hire out a hall and then you have to abide by the laws of hate speech.

The Happy clappy Christians who disagreed with the churches teachings were forced to do exactly this on a Sunday.

We will just have to disagree because I can't be bothered to argue anymore.

We get your point - you don't want any religion in the UK.

Seeing as you have no evidence of how many preachers are preaching hatred, you're not in a position to accuse. If you can tell us exactly how many, and which ones are NOT abiding by the laws of hate speech, let us know. You seem fairly confident about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here