Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Police: sole attacker died at scene

Chief constable Ian Hopkins says the attacker died in the explosion.

He says that while police believe the man was acting alone in the attack last night, investigations are ongoing to establish if he was part of a network.

He says police believe the man was “carrying an improvised explosive device, which he detonated causing this atrocity”.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Police: children have died

Hopkins confirms that children are among the 22 people confirmed to have died.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Growing up through the IRA years, you had to become hardened to acts of terrorism, but this, this has put tears in my eyes, tears of sadness and tears of anger. Absolute Evil. I'll leave it there before I say something I may regret later. RIP.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Where in the Koran does it say it's ok to kill 22 innocent people coming out of a teen pop concert? Yet we'll still get a bunch of apologists defending it.....

I'm a Manc by birth and still have friends and family there. Just hoping everyone I know is ok.

Devastated, upset, angry and a million other things

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Condemn ALL extremists! They are all dangerous.

We all do. Issue is vast majority of extremists who are willing to become suicide bombers to kill and maim as many men , women and children as possible are almost always Islamist extremists. Savages.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My son's step daughter was there with friends for a 13th birthday treat. My daughter in law was going frantic trying to ring her, & getting no reply, but eventually her brother got her, and she sobbed I'm ok Mum.

Too close to home.

D

Deleted member 2719

Shut the UK down and hunt these ****ing murdering ***** down, then build a bonfire, they are vile scum.

We are simply a soft touch in the UK and because of that people die.

No1 rule in life look after your own, we are just way to PC.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thoughts go out to victims and family. Sadly suicide bombing is now a way of life in the modern world. How did humanity get so sick that people will blow themselves up in order to kill and maim others?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Shut the UK down and hunt these ****ing murdering ***** down, then build a bonfire, they are vile scum.

They are our own, that's the problem!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think we all know what kind of sick monster it probably was. Mustn't say it, though, might offend them...................

Ah yes.........remember all those years ago when radical Muslim clerics were standing on the streets of this proud and tolerant country and spouting their bile and poison at the Western World. At the time, those who supposedly knew better, rallied to their defence, upholding their right to free speech and civil liberty. Police were instructed to stand aside and allow them to preach whatever they liked, whilst arresting those that protested that these views struck at the very heart and fabric of our society.
They brainwashed and converted the immature and the vulnerable to their warped, distorted and sordid ideology, in private and in public, not just in tens, not just in hundreds but in thousands. Steadily it grew but to many it posed no danger. It was such a small minority that it didn't represent a threat. The so called ' politically correct ' continued to leap to their defence. The majority of the ever growing Muslim community remained silent.
The intellectual and learned community, those who studied and understood the intolerance of the Islamic belief, and expressed their concern, were roundly condemned, again and again and again. And now, whenever these terrorist attacks occur ( which they will, with ever increasing frequency ) those that allowed these poisonous seeds to be sown and grow, are the first to go public with their sorrow and condolence.
These incidents sicken, sadden and anger in equal measure. It is always the innocent that suffer. Trying to deal with an ideology that sees no other and regards itself as the last, the final word of God, is an impossibility. It is a one way path to bloodshed. We have years and years of this ahead of us and we must fight it with every sinew we can muster. It threatens our future stability.
We had a chance to drive this underground. That chance was callously chucked aside by those who thought they knew better. Those who infiltrated our education system, our local government and central government system and our media world, brainwashed many with their politically correct ideas.
They have a lot to answer for but will bear no sense of responsiblilty. We are trying to deal with something that is now out of control and can only hope that more are prevented carrying out these acts than actually succeed.
My thoughts, as always, are with those who have suffered.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

That won't solve the problem at all. It's the teachings of extreme Islam that is the root of the problem.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just read through it all, mind blowing, was obviously aimed at the younger generation.
Too many people to 'body pat' search I suppose.
Condolences to all concerned from over here.

You don't need a ticket or to pass any security to get where the bomb was set off. It's a foyer connecting the station to the arena.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Utterly, utterly sickening - suicide bombing is appalling enough, but to target a concert full of children?! Can't even begin to understand the thought process behind that, nor do I want to.

RIP to those killed.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here