Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm waiting on more information before I start the wailing and gnashing of teeth. Something a bit weird about this one. If it was one of the organised terror groups they would have claimed responsibility by now. All we know right now is that it was a suicidal nutter with a homemade device. They haven't released his name, background or religious inclination yet.

The obvious terrorist suspects often take a while to claim responsibility, but we should not ignore the likely inspiration for this atrocity, to do so is just burying our heads in the sand.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Truly shocking scenes,little kids slaughtered by backward savages.
What is our prime ministers priority?
Bring back fox hunting.
Unbelievable.[/

Totally out of order with that mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how,as home sec she binned 30k police officers and now the wretched old hag wants to bring back fox hunting to appease the hoorays.
Tally ho.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Bring back fox hunting.
Unbelievable.

I'm no fan of May but that is the height of ignorance to post that. Trying to score political points out of the deaths of others.

Suggest you don't waste time using this to get angry at May.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
My son's step daughter was there with friends for a 13th birthday treat. My daughter in law was going frantic trying to ring her, & getting no reply, but eventually her brother got her, and she sobbed I'm ok Mum.

Too close to home.

A 13th birthday treat; just the sort of show I took my daughter to when she was that age. Utter evil and very precisely targetted.

Good to hear that she was OK.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Bring back fox hunting.
Unbelievable.

The only thing unbelievable about your post, is that you think you're clever to bring politics into it. Ignorant cvnt

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It looks like my Tapatalk is going a bit haywire.

I do not want anyone on NSC to think that I condone in any way the moron who posted comments about fox hunting and has tried to turn this into a political debate on Teresa May.

I am originally from Manchester, worried about friends and family and totally devastated.

Please don't think those views are mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Horrific. My daughter's at Manchester Uni and regularly goes to gigs at that venue. Fortunately safe. Just terrible, really terrible.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
My son's step daughter was there with friends for a 13th birthday treat. My daughter in law was going frantic trying to ring her, & getting no reply, but eventually her brother got her, and she sobbed I'm ok Mum.

Too close to home.

Thank you. I hope she doesn't have a bad reaction to the shock and horror of it.

She will need lots of hugs and time to heal.

My thoughts are with you, your family and the families of all the youngsters who were caught up in this atrocity.

RIP to those who didn't make it home last night.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Apparently there are many people gloating and celebrating this attack on Twitter.
Surely it is time to either close this outlet for pond life and people with nothing else better to do down or severely moderate it.
It has some use I suppose but the bad massively outweighs the good.
I see there were people filming other people panicking to get away on their phones all ready to download.
I find the whole Facebook / Twitter thing bizzare.
After a couple of months you won't miss it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The unfortunate fact is there is precious little we can do about these kind of attacks, is there?

Our security services are seemingly able to work small miracles in regularly snuffing out attacks from groups and cells that their intelligence unearths, but lone wolf attacks are all but impossible to know about until it's too late.

We can beef up security on entrance to mass attendance venues, such as we have seen at the Amex, but that merely moves the point where an attack may occur further out.

That this attack happened at the end of the concert just outside the main arena may indicate that this attack was carried out by someone approaching the venue having not gone to the concert itself.

If we can stop bad actors getting into football stadiums, we can do little to stop them targeting crowds as they leave stadiums in city centres or on public transport.

So terribly sad :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here