Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And that has to stop.

We need people to not be xenophobic towards Muslims in general, so we can crack down on those that are really causing the problems without becoming intolerant or losing our liberties.

Hard is disagree with that

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
How many do you know?

I've chatted to many on a couple of facebook groups in the last few years, but I also listen youtube chat shows or videos made by ex Muslims. I also listen to the Muslims favourites like Zakir Naik and all the apologetics. The Masked Arab (the link in my comment) is very knowledgable and speaks Arabic as his native tongue.

This is his first video and introduction.

https://youtu.be/yewG5RoKLNc

D

Deleted member 22389

Was on the M40 yesterday, UKIP doing their best to stir things up as usual

Can't see what the big deal is. Doesn't even look like an official UKIP banner either, like the Tory poster I saw.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
No it's got nothing to do with race or colour. Being Muslim is optional.

You have to be kidding? A child is born to Muslim parents, they are a muslim. So, what if they chose to turn their back on their faith? Have you checked the punishment for apostasy?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The statement suggests multiculturalism doesn't also mean integration, which of course it can and should. A statement which says integration not multiculturalism is suggesting we should no longer have a society of various or multiple cultures or religions. Our politics toward multiculturalism has often failed, because integration should be a success criteria of multiculturalism.

I personally believe that multiculturalism actually hinders integration. As integration happens a society can evolve TOGETHER with facets of individual cultures being absorbed into one, whereas multiple cultures will always have dividing lines.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have to say my tolerance and that of a lot of people I speak to is wearing thinner on each attack. Silent vigils will not stop the next attack. Hashtags will not stop the attack.

The only way to stop the attacks is to give the police and security authorities the legal ability to identify any potential threats and deport those individuals and associated parties immediately.

We also need to start to support the church of England more. It is very clear to me that the muslim intention is to make this country a muslim country, do we want that? Do we want our daughters. wives, mothers living in a country and a religion that has so little respect for females? I certainly don't.

I have no issue with people having their own faith or background, and a good deal of immigration of indians, Eastern Europeans etc has been a major success. They have integrated into our culture very successfully, and added a lot to it. However many muslims have not. Parts of Birmingham are muslim controlled without doubt and I am sure there are parts of the country that are the same. Are we happy to just allow this to get worse? Really?

We have to start to take direct action against these beliefs and it should start with giving the police and the legal authorities the right to deport anyone with extreme beliefs who may be a threat. Zero tolerance is our only hope. Otherwise our children are going to live their whole lives blighted by this total nonsense.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You have to be kidding? A child is born to Muslim parents, they are a muslim. So, what if they chose to turn their back on their faith? Have you checked the punishment for apostasy?

Leaving Islam , not a decision to be taken lightly .

[yt]O1lnxUXWGgE[/YT]

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I have to say my tolerance and that of a lot of people I speak to is wearing thinner on each attack. Silent vigils will not stop the next attack. Hashtags will not stop the attack.

The only way to stop the attacks is to give the police and security authorities the legal ability to identify any potential threats and deport those individuals and associated parties immediately.

We also need to start to support the church of England more. It is very clear to me that the muslim intention is to make this country a muslim country, do we want that? Do we want our daughters. wives, mothers living in a country and a religion that has so little respect for females? I certainly don't.

I think you need to re-read the bible.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-40045682

Using her phone saved this woman's life.

Lisa Bridgett, of Pwllheli, had been using the phone after the Ariana Grande concert on Monday when the explosion caused a steel nut to hit her.
She lost a middle finger before the nut went through her phone and her cheek, ending up lodged in her nose.
Her husband said the phone probably diverted and slowed down the nut.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-40045682

Using her phone saved this woman's life.

Lisa Bridgett, of Pwllheli, had been using the phone after the Ariana Grande concert on Monday when the explosion caused a steel nut to hit her.
She lost a middle finger before the nut went through her phone and her cheek, ending up lodged in her nose.
Her husband said the phone probably diverted and slowed down the nut.

Very lucky but it only makes me think of the other horrific injuries of the people not so and have to live with who knows what types of injuries.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London

I have no issue with people having their own faith or background, and a good deal of immigration of indians, Eastern Europeans etc has been a major success. They have integrated into our culture very successfully, and added a lot to it. However many muslims have not. Parts of Birmingham are muslim controlled without doubt and I am sure there are parts of the country that are the same. Are we happy to just allow this to get worse? Really?

We have to start to take direct action against these beliefs and it should start with giving the police and the legal authorities the right to deport anyone with extreme beliefs who may be a threat. Zero tolerance is our only hope. Otherwise our children are going to live their whole lives blighted by this total nonsense.

I occasionally find my thinking along the sames lines, but have to pull myself up each time and remind myself that we live in a free country where the rule of law is sacrosanct and that brings enormous benefits to all of us - culturally and economically. What you are proposing, or an extension of it, is deporting English people who haven't committed a crime. Having different thoughts, different religion etc isn't a crime, nor should it ever be. Clearly though there is a line and someone in the act of preparing a terrorist attack should be arrested, and reports are that they are being arrested every day just for that. I don't think we can go much further than that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very lucky but it only makes me think of the other horrific injuries of the people not so and have to live with who knows what types of injuries.

I agree, she also has a fractured ankle, and a big wound on her thigh.
It shows what a devastating injury can be caused by one nut, let alone a bomb full of them.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I really struggle to understand how so many have been and are being converted right now against us and yet you never hear of any Mosque saying that we are concerned about this person or that person.

The Muslim population need to do more about this.

Its no good after the event saying its not Islam or what a terrible situation it is we don't agree with it Blah blah blah.

Do something about it, unless deep down you dont really care.

Take the last coward, once he committed the crime, the Muslim's from the same Mosque come out and say, well he left the Mosque and we didn't know where he went, or we are not surprised he did it.

FFS, how many of them called the police and continued to call the police until he was picked up and arrested. If they were that worried about what he could do they would have done.

If you choose to agree or not is up to you, but its the Muslim population that can help change this more than any one else.

Also the laws need to be changed now, just like they did for the Hooligans stopping them going to England matches. At least have the power to go inside the Mosque to see what is going on, just as you could a Christian church.

Stop being scared of what they might say. They live in the UK not the other way around.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Someone who is 'identified as a POTENTIAL threat' should be deported? And 'associated parties'? All their family? Friends? Co-worshippers?

What if the 'potential threat' is British? To where exactly are you going to deport them?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

I agree but most attacks over here come from people born here, where do we deport them to? There's a much wider problem.
A good start would be not letting anyone back that has been fighting over there.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here