Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We bombed Egypt!!?? :eek:

They buried that news well.

Nah, leave that to the Israeli's. They know how to bring a country to it's knees and end a war in 7 days :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cash is king for now. When the oil runs out or Tesla hit the big time that's when the Saudis can be indicted.

Can't come soon enough. I think though with increasing Russian and Chinese influence that the Saudis might have to start making concessions to the West for continued support. I hope so, anyway. The Chinese have taken a back seat seeing as it's mainly been a Western/Middle East phenomenon but recently they've also experienced Islamic terrorism on its western borders.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Spot on. Until the Saudis are made a pariah state then we'll never crack Islamic terrorism. And sadly, the international community hasn't just turned a blind eye to it but with the UN putting Saudi Arabia on the committees for Human Rights and Women's Rights, they're blatantly taking the p*ss out of all of us.

Shock... Horror...

frankly I had you down as a stand up guy....

Are you insulting 99% of the worlds population ?

When you say " the international community"

Please say you really mean "the international elite"

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was pointed out that Donald Trumps latest speech in Saudi attacking Iran as the sponsors of terrorism and unrest forgot to mention his hosts backing for their "terrorist" groups and also overlooked the fact that Iran is just about a democracy which is the opposite of the autocratic kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Yeah I think that was tactical rhetoric to keep the Saudi’s happy and make some money. He did also hint that terrorism was rife within the Sunni sect too but he was polite about it in their company.

I think once Trump meets Hassan Rouhani it will be a different story. When the 40 years old Death to America and Death to Israel mantra stops Iran will move forward quickly because they understand and want democracy. And love or hate Iran, without them, ISIS wouldn’t be losing in Iraq without them. They are almost fighting alongside the US so there is some sort of understanding even if uncomfortable..

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Shock... Horror...

frankly I had you down as a stand up guy....

Are you insulting 99% of the worlds population ?

When you say " the international community"

Please say you really mean "the international elite"

Other wise your insulting 99% of the worlds population, and frankly I had you down as a stand up guy

International community = United Nations, is what I meant and not ordinary folk who I was referring to as 'us'. Apologies for sloppy wording, you're right 'elite' would have been better.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
International community = United Nations, is what I meant and not ordinary folk who I was referring to as 'us'. Apologies for sloppy wording, you're right 'elite' would have been better.

Apology accepted, now get home, play with the kids, kiss the wife (not mine) then crack open a nice bottle of wine or beer and relax...

The sun is out and let's face it, there is feck all we can actually do about it and life is too short anyway, enjoy the time we have with our families and just hope our children can sort this shit out.

Having said that where do you stand on telling your children about the attack and why, etc etc.

My wife thinks telling our daughter aged 7 is too young don't spoil her innocence etc, and she has told me off when my daughter asked if we could go to Egypt I replied no way it's far too dangerous and I am not risking your life, she then asked why and I just simply said there are people that want to kill us because we are English/American and they don't like us because of their form of religion and what our governments have done in the past.

Too far do you think ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Apology accepted, now get home, play with the kids, kiss the wife (not mine) then crack open a nice bottle of wine or beer and relax...

The sun is out and let's face it, there is feck all we can actually do about it and life is too short anyway, enjoy the time we have with our families and just hope our children can sort this shit out.

Having said that where do you stand on telling your children about the attack and why, etc etc.

My wife thinks telling our daughter aged 7 is too young don't spoil her innocence etc, and she has told me off when my daughter asked if we could go to Egypt I replied no way it's far too dangerous and I am not risking your life, she then asked why and I just simply said there are people that want to kill us because we are English/American and they don't like us because of their form of religion and what our governments have done in the past.

Too far do you think ?

No matey. Not too far. Sadly the truth. I think you and I are very much of the same view on a lot of things and there's no way I'd go to Egypt now with my family and I think it's fair enough to explain why in those terms.

Enjoy that beer!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

Too far do you think ?

Told mine the Pyramids need re pointing and could collapse on us at any minute.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Too far do you think ?

I don't think I would have brought racial identity into it. Perhaps just delineated into good and bad. Nearly everyone is good but some bad people really don't like them being happy.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't think I would have brought racial identity into it. Perhaps just delineated into good and bad. Nearly everyone is good but some bad people really don't like them being happy.

I thought about that, but then your not telling them the truth are you, your smoothing it over and perpetuating the line their just bad people and yes they are but there is a reason and I feel you have to let them know. I mentioned nothing about which religion and if pressed I would have pointed out as she already knows from horrible histories series that throughout history horrors have been committed in the name of religion everywhere.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought about that, but then your not telling them the truth are you, your smoothing it over and perpetuating the line their just bad people and yes they are but there is a reason and I feel you have to let them know. I mentioned nothing about which religion and if pressed I would have pointed out as she already knows from horrible histories series that throughout history horrors have been committed in the name of religion everywhere.

If your daughter's interested in history and hot countries then I reckon Malta is well worth a shout. Bloody hot, very family oriented, loads of history and fascinating mix of Arab and Christian cultures.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If your daughter's interested in history and hot countries then I reckon Malta is well worth a shout. Bloody hot, very family oriented, loads of history and fascinating mix of Arab and Christian cultures.

Yes good call and on the hit list so to speak, we are off to Japan tomorrow morning for a week so that should suffice for this year for history anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Too far do you think ?
I think the age of innocence and wonder is far too short these days. I would have told my daughter that it would cost too much money and you would all have to have special injections before travelling, which is technically true, and so....maybe when she is a bit more grown up.

It's not worth trying to explain the complexities and the horrors to someone that young. Read Fungus The Bogeyman with her and go on mini monster hunts in the garden and treasure those moments.... Ps, my daughter is now 29 and hasn't turned out too bad.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Ariana Grande just announced she's going to return to the Manchester Arena to do a benefit concert for the victims. Very admirable and nice gesture.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Many of them don't like Germans or Italians though. It's not an aggressive dislike- in fact it's quite amusing.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
They are clearing beds in the major London hospitals in case of a major incident this weekend, I am now laying in a nearly empty ward, 4 beds empty out of seven

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They are clearing beds in the major London hospitals in case of a major incident this weekend, I am now laying in a nearly empty ward, 4 beds empty out of seven

Hope you get well soon.

My missus is in ST. Georges right now and it's rammed(as always)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Hope you get well soon.

My missus is in ST. Georges right now and it's rammed(as always)

That's where I am, as you say usually rammed, but,I was moved from CCU to an ordinary cardiac wards, cos they are trying to free up beds. Only one other person has come in since me, and they often fill the empty ones within an hour. If

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
That's where I am, as you say usually rammed, but,I was moved from CCU to an ordinary cardiac wards, cos they are trying to free up beds. Only one other person has come in since me, and they often fill the empty ones within an hour. If

Wow my misus was on Atkinson Morley Wing( (ICU ?) They had no room on a ward for her condition. Now she has moved on again but not sure where but where she should be.

It's a b.a.s.t.a.r.d of a drive too. Parking isn't cheap either.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Completely agree. I never sugar coated religion with my kids and dislike it's return to prominence after a brief period when the world looked likely to move away from its control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here