Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Completely agree. I never sugar coated religion with my kids and dislike it's return to prominence after a brief period when the world looked likely to move away from its control.
Just what I've been thinking....Go back not many years ago and it really looked like the world was changing and religion was diminishing some what especially here.Its getting worse here now even though most are not religious in any sense!! Pointless ancient ideologies that have no place in the modern world.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My next door neighbour is an ICU senior consultant at MRI (Manchester Royal Infirmary). I was chatting to him yesterday about the terrorist attack.

He got a phone call at 11pm on Monday, went straight in to work, as did all his colleagues. He said that part of his job is to tell the families of the bereaved that their lost ones had died, and he does it regularly, with compassion and kindness, as he's an absolute diamond of a bloke, but he doesn't take that part of the job home with him usually.

Monday was different, to have to speak to so many families in such a short space of time, many of whom didn't know where their loved ones were (7-8 hospitals in Greater Manchester co-ordinated the operation), the extent of the injuries, whether they were dead or alive, was a very difficult issue to deal with. But he did it superbly, as always, but he was open that it has affected him.

One thing that the hospitals had to do in the middle of the night was to ask patients already occupying beds if they could move to other wards to free up A&E space. When the patients heard about the circumstances, the majority of them simply said "Get me home, this can wait" or words to that effect. Their concern was for their fellow man.

Nurses, porters, catering staff, ambulance drivers, police officers and all the other agencies just flocked into work as soon as the news started to go public. There has been an emergency plan in place in Manchester for a couple of years, they followed it to the letter, it was an act of co-ordination, organisation and human spirit that is truly humbling.

At 7am Tuesday morning a new shift started, every person who was hospitalised in the attack had been treated, the handover went as smooth as silk to the next shift, it was an amazing performance by all involved, superb professionalism with care and skill.

Since Monday my neighbour and the GM hospitals have been inundated with chocolates, flowers, toys, booze, blood donations, pizzas, little old ladies phoning up from Aldi asking if they can buy some extra groceries for those still injured. It shows that despite the opportunist petty name calling and point scoring that passes for debate by a few unpleasant individuals in this country, for the vast majority we just want to help those in need, regardless of their background.

Be proud of your country, be proud of the NHS, and be proud of those who work to protect us, what they did on Monday night was amazing, we are lucky to have such people amongst us.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My next door neighbour is an ICU senior consultant at MRI (Manchester Royal Infirmary). I was chatting to him yesterday about the terrorist attack.

He got a phone call at 11pm on Monday, went straight in to work, as did all his colleagues. He said that part of his job is to tell the families of the bereaved that their lost ones had died, and he does it regularly, with compassion and kindness, as he's an absolute diamond of a bloke, but he doesn't take that part of the job home with him usually.

Monday was different, to have to speak to so many families in such a short space of time, many of whom didn't know where their loved ones were (7-8 hospitals in Greater Manchester co-ordinated the operation), the extent of the injuries, whether they were dead or alive, was a very difficult issue to deal with. But he did it superbly, as always, but he was open that it has affected him.

One thing that the hospitals had to do in the middle of the night was to ask patients already occupying beds if they could move to other wards to free up A&E space. When the patients heard about the circumstances, the majority of them simply said "Get me home, this can wait" or words to that effect. Their concern was for their fellow man.

Nurses, porters, catering staff, ambulance drivers, police officers and all the other agencies just flocked into work as soon as the news started to go public. There has been an emergency plan in place in Manchester for a couple of years, they followed it to the letter, it was an act of co-ordination, organisation and human spirit that is truly humbling.

At 7am Tuesday morning a new shift started, every person who was hospitalised in the attack had been treated, the handover went as smooth as silk to the next shift, it was an amazing performance by all involved, superb professionalism with care and skill.

Since Monday my neighbour and the GM hospitals have been inundated with chocolates, flowers, toys, booze, blood donations, pizzas, little old ladies phoning up from Aldi asking if they can buy some extra groceries for those still injured. It shows that despite the opportunist petty name calling and point scoring that passes for debate by a few unpleasant individuals in this country, for the vast majority we just want to help those in need, regardless of their background.

Be proud of your country, be proud of the NHS, and be proud of those who work to protect us, what they did on Monday night was amazing, we are lucky to have such people amongst us.

I wish I could give you 100 x :thumbsup:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek

All good points, so if not already please sign up for being a Blood Donar. Thanks.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

I have just come out of hospital yesterday, I was looked after fantastically, from top to bottom.
I hope the hospitals of Manchester and all the other hospitals around the country do not have to witness or deal with this situation again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have just come out of hospital yesterday, I was looked after fantastically, from top to bottom.
I hope the hospitals of Manchester and all the other hospitals around the country do not have to witness or deal with this situation again.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, both your top, and of course your bottom!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Presumably the things he was saying were illegal, as he got put away for it.

Most of what he was preaching,the ultra conservative aspects of Islam and sharia,are not things he can be charged with(and he wasnt) as they are in his holy book and we have freedom of religion here.
They are obviously repulsive views according to our western standards but not illegal.His problem came when he started encouraging others towards ISIS. It was only a matter of time before he slipped up.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I started on this board the day Coppell got the job. Posts like this are why I'm still here.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thanks for posting this. Also heard about people driving into the City to offer lifts to those who couldn't get home (including taxi drivers offering free rides)

Offspring no 1 is just about to graduate from her 4 year nursing degree. She knows a lot of the job she's heading into (starts the week after graduating) will be crap, along with the rubbish pay, but has never wanted to do anything else.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Most of what he was preaching,the ultra conservative aspects of Islam and sharia,are not things he can be charged with(and he wasnt) as they are in his holy book and we have freedom of religion here.
That's not correct, it's not ok to say things just because they're in a holy book, if they are inciting others to commit crimes. If his holy book says people should go and kill non believers, and he tells people to do that, he can't get off just because it's in his book.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thanks for posting this. Also heard about people driving into the City to offer lifts to those who couldn't get home (including taxi drivers offering free rides)

Offspring no 1 is just about to graduate from her 4 year nursing degree. She knows a lot of the job she's heading into (starts the week after graduating) will be crap, along with the rubbish pay, but has never wanted to do anything else.

What she's doing is heroic and I'm sure you're very proud of her. We take our heroes for granted too often

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That's not correct, it's not ok to say things just because they're in a holy book, if they are inciting others to commit crimes. If his holy book says people should go and kill non believers, and he tells people to do that, he can't get off just because it's in his book.

i suggest you watch a couple of his tedious videos.
He doesnt tell people to commit crimes,he preaches how everywhere including the UK would be better off being ruled by sharia,according to his holy books, including death for apostasy if the rules were met where a (legal) sentence could be carried out. There is a big difference and he used this fine line to stay ahead of our law until he overstepped the mark with his support for ISIS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here