Breaking news: Reports of explosion in Manchester

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sadly this is a nailed on suicide bomber

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It's unlikely to have been a very large balloon if people outside the arena heard it. Network rail is suggesting the train line has been blocked, sounds horrific :(

No need to get narky. Was only repeating something I'd seen on twitter hence saying it wasn't verified. I wasn't suggesting I believed it was that

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] was at an Ariana Grande concert then we should all be concerned.

I apologise for what seems to be a glib comment now. When I made the post, it did sound like this may not have been the serious incident it now turns out to have been. :(

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
No need to get narky. Was only repeating something I'd seen on twitter hence saying it wasn't verified. I wasn't suggesting I believed it was that

I wasn't aiming anything at you! I was just commenting on the BBCs speculation of potential causes. Wasn't really looking at the thread. Think there's just a lot of confusion about what is happening.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Most of the audience for the concerts would have been young girls, teenagers and families. What kind of sick monster would target kids?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
[tweet]866786387844096000[/tweet]

turn volume up around 7 seconds and look to the left, what a horrible world we live in.

If it's any consilation, the fact that it's visible from there means it probably wasn't in the right in the centre of the M.E.N arena, so IF it was a terrorist attack the casualties won't be as high as they could have been if this had happened minutes later, or slightly further inside the building.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If it's any consilation, the fact that it's visible from there means it probably wasn't in the right in the centre of the M.E.N arena, so IF it was a terrorist attack the casualties won't be as high as they could have been if this had happened minutes later, or slightly further inside the building.

Transport police confirmed it was in foyer of arena

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
Hearing this on the news terrifies me. As is the thought that these sick brain washed barstards live among us, planning it all.

If it's confirmed it was in the foyer a lot of the fatalities & injured would be to people who were working there, I would have thought.

[emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Hearing this on the news terrifies me. As is the thought that these sick brain washed barstards live among us, planning it all.

If it's confirmed it was in the foyer a lot of the fatalities & injured would be to people who were working there, I would have thought.

[emoji26][emoji26][emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or people choosing to leave early to beat the rush as it was around the end of the show

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wish they would close down Twitter and Facebook, this is an example why, never used it, never will.

Why. There will always be some sad ****s that revel in this but those mediums are excellent for getting info out quickly and that could well be a priority if there are a lot of youngsters there trying to get in touch with family.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Video of man dragged out of car by armed police has just come out.

Obviously no confirmation that the two are related as the news is all over the place.
Reports of a balloon explosion tô a nail bomb, with everything in between. :down:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Why. There will always be some sad ****s that revel in this but those mediums are excellent for getting info out quickly and that could well be a priority if there are a lot of youngsters there trying to get in touch with family.

It is once things become clear. Like the fact the holiday inn currently have 50 kids separated from their parents. Its the mindless fake pics and speculation that leaves a bad taste

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here