Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Haywards Heath 9pt Deduction!

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
Did they or did they not break the rules?

Yes, they played a player that was suspended. He played in 3 games hence the 9 point deduction i believe.

Not sure you can blame the SCFL or the Sussex FA. A club in the combination should have the set up behind the scenes to ensure that this doesnt happen.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The onus is on the club to check on that, before they accept his signature really

But they did. The FA's records not being up to date does not seem to be a defence for the HH club secretary. As far as I can see their only redress is for them to take action against the player.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
What did the player do to get a lifetime ban ?

So I understand this from a HH fan.
The club secretary checks with an FA web site prior to signing a player to see if he has any previous cards etc. This player came up clean and so was signed. Two days later his profile was changed on the web site but of course the secretary had no reason to go back and check. No letters were sent to HH telling them he was banned.
Fisher Athletic did pay some fines it seems but they didn't specify who the fines were for. It's like getting 10 court fines for £1000 and paying £900 without saying which fines you were paying.

Melford Simpson played for Fisher FC before moving to Haywards Heath.

Supposedly a fine was due to be paid by Fisher to the London FA(?) in respect of Simpson (in respect of what, I'm not sure - cautions received?).

Heath checked when they signed him and the database was clean. The database was updated AFTER Heath had checked, to show the ban now applying to Simpson (presumably only until such time as the fine was paid; I don't think it was a permanent ban).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Melford Simpson played for Fisher FC before moving to Haywards Heath.

Supposedly a fine was due to be paid by Fisher to the London FA(?) in respect of Simpson (in respect of what, I'm not sure - cautions received?).

Heath checked when they signed him and the database was clean. The database was updated AFTER Heath had checked, to show the ban now applying to Simpson (presumably only until such time as the fine was paid; I don't think it was a permanent ban).
That is usual, a sine die ban on unpaid fines but released on payment of fines and any costs added.

Shambles as ever, basic admin

The new on-line registration portal screwed up,was talking with Tiny about it tonight. It should have showed him as sine die but didn't.

Bizarrely the FA ruled a slap on the wrists was warranted but Sussex FA threw the book at them.

Skulduggery a foot I feel.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
The new on-line registration portal screwed up,was talking with Tiny about it tonight. It should have showed him as sine die but didn't.

Bizarrely the FA ruled a slap on the wrists was warranted but Sussex FA threw the book at them.

Skulduggery a foot I feel.

It was SOUTHERN COMBINATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE that imposed the 9pt deduction not Sussex FA!
I know Heath Sec personally and when Simpson signed everything was done by the book! FA Data base was only updated after check! It was the London FA that didn't update and are at fault! SCFL also have to look at themselves and their double standards as in last years Peter Bentley final they knew a player was banned but allowed him to play with no penalty to Lancing!

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
It was SOUTHERN COMBINATION FOOTBALL LEAGUE that imposed the 9pt deduction not Sussex FA!
I know Heath Sec personally and when Simpson signed everything was done by the book! FA Data base was only updated after check! It was the London FA that didn't update and are at fault! SCFL also have to look at themselves and their double standards as in last years Peter Bentley final they knew a player was banned but allowed him to play with no penalty to Lancing!

Good knowledge. Interesting
Feel really sorry for HH

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Haywards Heath hearing at FA headquarters at Wembley this week regarding points deduction! Top Barrister representing Heath so should be interesting! SCFL had the opportunity to do the right thing and failed one of their members, going to look abit silly after the outcome I fear as well as some players who have jumped ship prematurely! But then it's about money for most and not the loyalty Shaun Saunders and HHFC deserved!! Up the Heath! UTA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here