Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Toughest championship ever next season?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The people saying you don't care, are you not going to pay any attention to it next year?

One of the best leagues in Europe just for how utterly bonkers it can be. Looking forward to Leeds choking again and the Steel City Derby.

Agree with this. Will still be paying a close eye on it. It is a great league but i'm glad to have a break from it.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I know for a fact that Villa Hull and Fulham are coming up next season.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Think it will be the crappiest Championship since before we joined it. Sunderland will do a Villa at best, Boro and Hull under invested in PL and no sign they will change next season. Loser of PO will probably drop backwards, SW standing still, will probably lose Forestieri, and think Carvalhal will be on bike. Fulham will possibly lose Sessegnon, Malone and Cairney.

Really cannot see where it will come from: Norwich could do it if they tighten defence, not sure about Villa, seem to invested in sicknotes.

Oh, to be back in the Championship.....

Villa were shite for months, riddled with internal politics and hated players they couldn't get rid of. It took half a season, a new manager, £60m of new players last summer and £30m in January to give them mid table stability.

I imagine they will be a force in 2017/18, simply by yet more huge spending, eventually buying a promotion.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Well I for one will still be following it closely as I think it's a brilliant league. :thumbsup:

I know more people watched it than ever before but the half empty stands does it no favours on TV.
You can't beat a full stadium and that is what you get in The PL every week.
Waits for someone to talk about so called plastics, the grounds are full, that's all I care about.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Makes me laugh this thread. Tier 2 'hard'? Oh, it will be SOOOO much easier for us, playing in tier 1 this coming season. Spurs and Chelsea are so much less daunting than Norwich and Hull. FFS :wozza::facepalm::shootself

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never mind the Championship! Next season's PL looks likely to be as tough as it has ever been - I'd much rather the PL we were going into still contained Middlesbrough, Hull and Sunderland!
Still looking forward to it though!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Villa were shite for months, riddled with internal politics and hated players they couldn't get rid of. It took half a season, a new manager, £60m of new players last summer and £30m in January to give them mid table stability.

I imagine they will be a force in 2017/18, simply by yet more huge spending, eventually buying a promotion.

Is that the Villa where Bruce has been told he won't be able to spend without selling as they will be pushing the ffp limits

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Too many teams will be taking points off each other.

Doesn't seem tougher than this year, Villa and Middlesbrough possibly top 2. Playoffs again for Derby, Fulham and Hull + any one of many.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I personally think it will be easier next season

With Newcastle down, there was only ever 1 spot available for automatic. I dont think you can say that Boro, Hull or Sunderland are shoe ins to grab an auto place.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Nottingham Forest will be next years surprise team. Playoffs I reckon.

Good manager. Good young talent. Survived a scare.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Well I for one will still be following it closely as I think it's a brilliant league. :thumbsup:

Love the championship. I go to spurs regularly however i find the Championship so much more competitive and exciting than the Premier League.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here