Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genki Haraguchi

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Son Heung-min Hasn't had a bad season at Spurs. Maybe worth a gamble? Especially as he will only cost £2.5M. And as you say it will get an Asian audience and generate shirt sales hopefully.

Is this a wind up? I have seen some unrealistic stuff since promotion but this takes the piss

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Is this a wind up? I have seen some unrealistic stuff since promotion but this takes the piss
I'm fairly sure he was just giving Son as an example of an Asian player who has done well in the PL. From the next sentence he's then back on the subject of Haraguchi.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Japanese media is reporting this, but they're all quoting the same German source. We're the only team mentioned though. Yahoo.jp is running the headline that club and player are close in an agreement. Quoted as happy with an offer until 2021.

Don't know if that's old news, I didn't check the English media posted here yet, sidetracked by his misses.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sorry I dont know any Mrs Brown

Mrs Brown.jpg

Thoughts?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Japanese media is reporting this, but they're all quoting the same German source. We're the only team mentioned though. Yahoo.jp is running the headline that club and player are close in an agreement. Quoted as happy with an offer until 2021.

Don't know if that's old news, I didn't check the English media posted here yet, sidetracked by his misses.

Another 4 year deal.
We appear to be making longer term commitments than we often have generally in the past. Amortising costs over a longer periods can of course indicate a preparedness to spend significant sums.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Premier league enough? Japanese blog is quoting NSC!

http://nofootynolife.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-2628.html

This is a post about fan reaction to the news of Genki. Sparkie, Charlies shinpad and bigtomfu have all been qouted and translated from this thread, a few more too.

Little bit about the girlfriend chatter too btw... Points out the reaction was muted about whether she is fit or not lol. Comments on there all reckon shes fit.

This guy "ごめんな、100人の日本人客とか東京でクラブショップはちょっと無理だと思うわ" says it is unreasonable to expect hundreds of japanese fans in the front row next year, or a club shop in Tokyo, sorry guys! Think they took it a bit literal?

Last edited:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Genki Genki wherever you may be

You eat sushi in your home country

It could be worse, you could be Palace, eating rat in your council house

*if posted before I didn't read the entire thread*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

This is a post about fan reaction to the news of Genki. Sparkie, Charlies shinpad and bigtomfu have all been qouted and translated from this thread, a few more too.

Little bit about the girlfriend chatter too btw... Points out the reaction was muted about whether she is fit or not lol. Comments on there all reckon shes fit.

This guy "ごめんな、100人の日本人客とか東京でクラブショップはちょっと無理だと思うわ" says it is unreasonable to expect hundreds of japanese fans in the front row next year, or a club shop in Tokyo, sorry guys! Think they took it a bit literal?

Classic!

I can confirm to our Japanese friends that Genki's Mrs is indeed fit :thumbsup:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Most of the comments on there are expressing surprise that he would leave an established Bundesliga team for a newly promoted Premier League team.

They kind of have a point, but I suspect many are not aware of the absolute silly money flying around in the PL. I suspect far more than the Bundesliga.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Most of the comments on there are expressing surprise that he would leave an established Bundesliga team for a newly promoted Premier League team.

They kind of have a point, but I suspect many are not aware of the absolute silly money flying around in the PL. I suspect far more than the Bundesliga.

I only scanned the comments. Will be interesting to see if the football show on JSports reports about it, should he sign.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I only scanned the comments. Will be interesting to see if the football show on JSports reports about it, should he sign.

If he signs it will be all over the media. It'll be interesting if they mention it when it is still (as far as we know) just a rumour. Does anyone have any experience with this Kicker magazine in Germany? Is it their version of "shoot!" magazine or something?

Edit:

僕はイギリス人です。 そして、フォーラムのメンバです。
フォーラムのメンバーは大体が日本人のプレーヤーのついてエキサイティングと思います。
FLAIR=エキサイティング!

Lol is this you Scotchy? Better teach them what "fit" means as well. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

My hats off to the both of you. I had a quick look at the site and frankly haven't panicked so much since doing my maths A - level. Technically I should have a rough understanding of what it says but...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here