Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genki Haraguchi

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
JAP is a glaring omission from THE LIST of (all-time) Albion nationalities.

So its a YES from me.

the more you think about it the more sense it makes, not only a potentially good new signing, but the club may have one eye on expanding the commercial side. A Japanese player is bound to draw a lot of interest and potential new marketing/advertising revenues..... guessing there may be a fair few Japanese potentially watching us if it came off.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
The German Leagues do offer the easiest transition in my opinion maybe that's the thinking behind it? Similar physicality and intensity to the EPL. Whereas watching any Spanish/Italian game is frankly annoying watching all the play acting.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We are going intro reputedly the best league in the world so he would need to be fairly good. The only Asian doing any good in the Premier is the one at Spurs but our recruitment team will know more than us that post on here. Oh I am sorry I forgot many play Championship Manager or whatever its called so they know better.

I reckon somebody could be dragged out of the deepest darkest depths of the Amazon jungle, be thrust in front of Football Manager for 20 minutes and would still know more than you when it came to football.

If you were in charge of recruitment our big Premier League signings would be Matt Derbyshire and Jay Lloyd Samuel.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not when the responses were to a point made about Asian footballers, which it was...
Yer but lumping all Asian footballers in one bracket is surely a little racist. You wouldn't say Spanish or English footballers are the same that would be ludicrous. I'm not offended. Just saying !

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Judging by recent history on transfers if it's been leaked it's now unlikely to happen !!!

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Not sure anything has been leaked, just another soial media rumour

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I reckon somebody could be dragged out of the deepest darkest depths of the Amazon jungle, be thrust in front of Football Manager for 20 minutes and would still know more than you when it came to football.

If you were in charge of recruitment our big Premier League signings would be Matt Derbyshire and Jay Lloyd Samuel.

:rotlf:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Yer but lumping all Asian footballers in one bracket is surely a little racist. You wouldn't say Spanish or English footballers are the same that would be ludicrous. I'm not offended. Just saying !

I did stress there was no discrimination or stereotyping intended. The point was that there has been very few Asian players in the Premier League and (other than Son as was pointed out), they have not all made a big impact.

They all look the same to me.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I did stress there was no discrimination or stereotyping intended. The point was that there has been very few Asian players in the Premier League and (other than Son as was pointed out), they have not all made a big impact.

Yoshida is a good player, and so too is Kagawa, he just wasn't given a proper chance at Old Trafford.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Would anyone be offended with the label of European footballers?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
If, as it looks like, we're signing another winger then where does that leave the under contract; Murphy, Skalak, Lua Lua let alone March & Knockeart .
especially as Hughton hinting he's not going to stick to 4-4-2 in Prem...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
If, as it looks like, we're signing another winger then where does that leave the under contract; Murphy, Skalak, Lua Lua let alone March & Knockeart .
especially as Hughton hinting he's not going to stick to 4-4-2 in Prem...
25 man squad ( +3 U21s ) could be broken down into 3 gk, 10 def, 5 central mid, 5 wingers, 5 forwards.

So 5 wingers = Knockaert, March, Skalak, Murphy + 1

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Having seen the Japanese national team play a bit I always got the impression the Japanese players were speedy live wires in play but also a bit lightweight and often easy to push off the ball if the opponent plays a more physical brand of football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here