Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Genki Haraguchi

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We currently have 17 places in the 25 man squad pencilled in. No need to worry about which players won't make the cut just yet.

We need at least 8 signings or contract renewals before that becomes an issue.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
We are going intro reputedly the best league in the world so he would need to be fairly good. The only Asian doing any good in the Premier is the one at Spurs but our recruitment team will know more than us that post on here. Oh I am sorry I forgot many play Championship Manager or whatever its called so they know better.

You do get annoyed when anyone questions you, don't you? It sounds like Hertha Berlin, who came sixth in the Bundesliga, were keen to keep him and are only selling him due to his refusal to negotiate a new contract. That, combined with the fact Albion want him if we do sign him, surely suggests he shouldn't be written off based on comparing his scoring record to Murphy/Skalak's scoring record in the Championship.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If we do indeed sign him it makes me think we'll be bringing in a decent striker. Both Gross and this chap seem to be facilitators more so than finishers. So someone high class will need to be finishing off their work.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No nothing except that he has been regular in a top six German side. That gives me confidence.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Another solid 75 rated gold. It's a yes from me.
21d63caae7864846a2b1b8f0822a5018.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I would be delighted if we signed a Japanese player. It would be a bonus if they were good :D (I'm no weeaboo though :p)

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
You can't say JAP. That's as bad as saying Paki. Come on Hansy , you of all all people.

I don't think Japanese people are sensitive to being called Jap, are they? To me, it's like us being offended being called Brits...

Even the word Paki wouldn't be a "thing" if it wasn't made to be. I'm from Bradford - and when I was a kid the Pakistani shopkeepers used to laugh and say "you'll always have a Paki shop on Christmas Day if you need owt!"

It was only when idiots used it as an insult it became a "horror word" :0(

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I don't think Japanese people are sensitive to being called Jap, are they? To me, it's like us being offended being called Brits...

Even the word Paki wouldn't be a "thing" if it wasn't made to be. I'm from Bradford - and when I was a kid the Pakistani shopkeepers used to laugh and say "you'll always have a Paki shop on Christmas Day if you need owt!"

It was only when idiots used it as an insult it became a "horror word" :0(

Was it used as a horror word first or did it become one later?

Good story though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here