Genki Haraguchi

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Looks like this one still has some mileage left too:

54161a381bfce681922a28731df1b0ac.png

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
ANOTHER winger? Would have to imagine we would be selling/loaning Skalak and Murphy if true.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't believe this at all now that we have signed Izquierdo and Ahannach.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I think this should officially be called O.T.D (Obsessive,Transfer,disorder) and it's fair to say Bloom seems to be a sufferer of it. (not that I'm complaining)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hertha were playing him at right back pre-season although previously he's played as a winger and as a false number nine for Japan.
Plenty of examples of wingers converting very successfully to wing back/full back.

mike1901

May 12, 2017
Hertha were playing him at right back pre-season although previously he's played as a winger and as a false number nine for Japan.
Plenty of examples of wingers converting very successfully to wing back/full back.
Could be some milage in this, we wanted him as a winger, and if he's a good right back as well. Well what a player to have.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
ANOTHER winger? Would have to imagine we would be selling/loaning Skalak and Murphy if true.

Looks like he'd be a massive upgrade on either of those two. Get him IN.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like this one still has some mileage left too:

PS: That account which reported this has 60 followers.
PPS : There has been no other report about our interest in this player since early June.
And we've signed several wingers since then.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
he can play no10.... with Brown and Baldock out we are very short in that role currently...maybe both those injuries are worse than first thought.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Could it be we are collecting wingers who can play full back as well so we can go 3 at the back. Just a thought.

Why would we need wingers if we are going three at the back? We would need wing backs then. Haraguchi may be able to play right back or right wing back. Our current wingers not so much. Imagine Knocky as a wing back! Gonna be pretty exposed down the flanks then.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
he can play no10.... with Brown and Baldock out we are very short in that role currently...maybe both those injuries are worse than first thought.

Brown looks likely to back mid September, Baldock early October
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15488048.Albion_hopeful_on_Murray_injury/

PS: There's only 1 new report of this winger since our interest months ago. In the meantime we've signed 2 wingers. The person who has tweeted this is an Albion fan, has a picture of Genki in his avatar and has 60 followers on Twitter. What do you think is the most likely explanation ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/albion/15488048.Albion_hopeful_on_Murray_injury/

PS: There's only 1 new report of this winger since our interest months ago. In the meantime we've signed 2 wingers. The person who has tweeted this is an Albion fan, has a picture of Genki in his avatar and has 60 followers on Twitter. What do you think is the most likely explanation ?

oh i agree, really cant see it happening. wingers are sorted surely.

The only way i could justify it would be as i say if Brown and Baldock were out long term, which thankfully they are not it seems :)

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Not sure why people get hung up on this whole wide player idea.

Clearly CH would love to have 4 excellent out and out CF/ST to choose from but if he has 2 good options there and then support of 3 from 6 who can play anywhere across that advanced MF/Winger role - Genki/March/Knockaert/Izqueirdo/Gross/Murphy/A.N.Other then personally I'm all for it.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

He's a sports reporter based in Japan. Apparently Haraguchi's agent told him the club were still interested. I think that gives the rumour some solid basis, no?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
I watch Rostock against Hertha in the German cup last week, and this lad came on in the second half, made a goal, think he scored and won MOM!
He was class, based on that at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here