Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this sort of thing should be stamped out. Pre-arranging things that are going to happen during a game of football is a slippery slope, clubs must recognise this. Did the ref know about this and - if so - would he have been less inclined to send Terry off had he made a rash challenge? Indeed, was Terry himself holding back just to get to the 26th minute, or was he distracted by this all? Sunderland did go 1-0 up in the third minute and he didn't cover himself in glory.

In my opinion if you must do a guard of honour then do it before the match. This whole incident is SO Chelsea, i.e. no class, "look at me".

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Shame on Chelsea for treating the match like a bloody testimonial. They wouldn't have done that had the title still be on the line and they needed a win.

I assume Terry is unlikely to be part of the Chelsea FA Cup final squad. Will he be there in full kit for the trophy presentation though? One last moment in the limelight to make it all about him.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Personally, I think the man looks like he'd steal an ice cream off a small child - and his actions off the field mark him out as a cock of the very, very highest order. I don't like him, and not many people do.

That said, he's been an excellent player for his club - and it'd be wrong for them not to recognise that.

However, having a chimps tea party half way through the first 45 minutes is a bit rich.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Regarding the match fixing angle, the game wad a dead rubber. Had there been anything riding on it I'm sure neither manager would've agreed to do it.

You can bet on details on any match...

[tweet]866608841672327168[/tweet]

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
You wouldn't say that to his face

11cdd904f4dfaadb735f05d49d9395bc_an-angry-man-with-shaved-head-angry-man-yelling-clipart_450-371.jpeg
Jamie%20Carragher.jpg

"You speak a lot of shite!"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It was just wierd coming off in the 26th Minute, regardless of the shirt number thing, just come off at 85mins and get a round of applause you mug.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hope the authorities have a word and ban anything like this again.

As you can bet on anything these day you simply cannot have a pre determined event. Even if it's a substitution.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Brighton pull out of negotiations for John Terry sue to his wage demands
He wants £100k per week.
Chelski were paying £50k + incentives last season.

Source: London Evening Standard today

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Brighton pull out of negotiations for John Terry sue to his wage demands
He wants £100k per week.
Chelski were paying £50k + incentives last season.

Source: London Evening Standard today

Translates as:

Brighton - I hear JT is on a free, I will see how much money the prick wants a week.
JT Agent - £100k a week
Brighton - he can do one.

Negotiations over.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I appreciate you cheer on the players who pull on the stripes and I have ALWAYS supported players, even the ones with less-than-favourable attitudes.........but I would really struggle with that prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here