Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

John Terry

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think he's ben loyal to Chelsea and in ten years what sort of send of would we give dunk after another ten years service in the Premiership.:banana:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Weird thread! He's been at Chelsea for his whole career with over 500 appearances, 5 league titles, 5 cups and 2 European trophies. Most of that as club captain.

You might not like the individual but to say he's an average footballer is just mental. He's had an exceptional career and history will show him as a Chelsea great, possibly THE Chelsea great.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Weird thread! He's been at Chelsea for his whole career with over 500 appearances, 5 league titles, 5 cups and 2 European trophies. Most of that as club captain.

You might not like the individual but to say he's an average footballer is just mental. He's had an exceptional career and history will show him as a Chelsea great, possibly THE Chelsea great.

In the 26th min of a game, asking the opposition to kick the ball out!? Absolutely ridiculous. What ever happened to before or after the match like every other long servant has done? Sums him up completely as the OP points out.

I hope we never do anything quite so mawkish in the middle of an actual fixture. I'd be ****ing furious if it had been us playing a part in this farce and agreeing to kick the ball out for a guard of honour in an ongoing match. The whole thing was cringe worthy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chelsea got stick from MOTD for the timing of his send off in a match that had no consequence for either team, I thought that it was a very timely send off for man who has given them 10 years good service, whether you like him or not, which incidentally I do not. Yes he was well paid but aren't all Premier footballers . No I wouldn't want us to sign him should he not retire, which I think is likely.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

This. He might be a total **** but he has been unbelievable for them. He's been the main consistent in the Abramovich years, and he's the only one that came through the ranks, and ended up as a Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup winning England captain. Average footballer, yeah OK then. Of course he's going to get a big send off. I actually think he's underrated rather than overrated anyway.

I really hope we don't sign him though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I can't stand Chelsea, not a fan of Terry but there isn't a club in England that wouldn't have wanted him playing for them. Not the hallmark of 'average'. He is one of NSC's pantomime villains-wonder who replaces Terry on here, especially with Rooney close to retirement.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that not taking him and Ashley Cole to the last World Cup contributed to our dismal performances.and subsequent failure to progress. Their experience would have got us through the stages of the finals.,

Last edited:

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
who cares his dad washes elephants and his mum is a wh@re, bloom wouldn't let him in the building !!!!!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I always thought he was a bit arrogant and self important but apparently he was one of the ones who supported that Doctor to the hilt over her sacking so based on that I grew to like him a bit better

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No doubt a lucrative career as a pundit on MOTD will soon follow

Could be interesting. Run us through the first goal John.
"well the f****** b**** c**** should have done more to stop that other f****** ***** **** from getting in there"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This. He might be a total **** but he has been unbelievable for them. He's been the main consistent in the Abramovich years, and he's the only one that came through the ranks, and ended up as a Champions League, Premier League and FA Cup winning England captain. Average footballer, yeah OK then. Of course he's going to get a big send off. I actually think he's underrated rather than overrated anyway.

I really hope we don't sign him though.

Do you not think, with match fixing a spectre in the background, meaningless fixture or not, that 2 teams colluding to ensure the ball is out on 26mins is incredibly stupid? I'm not disputing he shouldn't be honoured - but in the middle of a match!? Not for me. Before or after, fine. Not during.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here