Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stating the bleeding obvious but

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Premier League is incredibly mediocre outside of the top half dozen sides. Quite how it commands the TV money it does is beyond me :shrug:

Look at the sides outside the top 7. Could be the Championship all day long.

Southampton
Bournemouth
West Brom
West Ham
Leicester
Stoke
Crystal Palace
Swansea
Burnley
Watford
Hull
Middlesborough
Sunderland
We have beaten at least six of those sides in league 1, can't wait.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
You are making a big mistake going by the club's name, rather than the players they have. Each of those teams have an abundance of players that are of a far higher quality than your club has. I think you have two, possibly three, players who are true Premier League quality.

Many have better individual players. There are a fair few there that have surprised themselves with the quality of what they went up with and some have lost what they had with mercenaries. Palace for example have some good individuals but £30m for Benteke doesn't mean he is worth that. Not seen anything for three years that would suggest he is. I think you are looking too much at the transfer fees rather than player ability.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Haven't seen a single post, not one, from anyone, thinking it will be easy.

So what is the point of this thread, apart from needing attention?

Well spotted. I need attention and thankfully we can all rely on you to provide it.

Cheers flower

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Just take the tonkings and move onto the next game....they'll happen and don't beat yourselves up over it. No disrespect but sometimes it can seem like suicide central on here - wait until Spurs rip you a new one, then Citeh ...its character building I guess but stay positive.

If you go in with low expectations every point is a bonus and trust me when you do turn over one of the touristy top 6 billionaire wankpot clubs its magic.

Absolutely spot on, and I hope I can manage to see next season like this. The problem is that we have got rather used to winning an awful lot of our matches over the last seven seasons, including the last, title winning, season at Withdean, the only exception being the half season under Hyypia. And not just winning them, but quite often being much better than the opposition. I fear that a lot of people will not be able to cope with a Harry Kane 5 minute hat trick!

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
You are making a big mistake going by the club's name, rather than the players they have. Each of those teams have an abundance of players that are of a far higher quality than your club has. I think you have two, possibly three, players who are true Premier League quality.

Fortunately, it is only May 22, the season doesn't start for a few weeks and we have already started recruiting. But thanks for the insight.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Many have better individual players. There are a fair few there that have surprised themselves with the quality of what they went up with and some have lost what they had with mercenaries. Palace for example have some good individuals but £30m for Benteke doesn't mean he is worth that. Not seen anything for three years that would suggest he is. I think you are looking too much at the transfer fees rather than player ability.

42 goals in 89 games for a struggling Aston villa side, 9 goals in 29 games mainly as Sub for Liverpool and 17 goals this season with a struggling Palace side, as well as 12 goals in 32 games for Belgium suggest he is not only a top premier striker but also a top international striker, and that is what they cost !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
42 goals in 89 games for a struggling Aston villa side, 9 goals in 29 games mainly as Sub for Liverpool and 17 goals this season with a struggling Palace side, as well as 12 goals in 32 games for Belgium suggest he is not only a top premier striker but also a top international striker, and that is what they cost !!

Yes, but what has benteke ever done for palace? Apart from the above?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here