Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Patrick Roberts!

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Would he be in our price range and would we want/need him! Not convinced Skalak or Murphy would be to prem standard. Man City may want him blooded in prem after his successful season for Celtic so maybe a loan deal!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Would he be in our price range and would we want/need him! Not convinced Skalak or Murphy would be to prem standard. Man City may want him blooded in prem after his successful season for Celtic so maybe a loan deal!

Thinks there is potential scope for changes here.... especially re Skalak....

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Skalak and Murphy both deserve a chance, but i don't disagree that it would be good to have one other option for tbe wings as presumably KLL will depart.

Stockseagull

Dec 2, 2011
Peak District
Until you get to the Prem and see how people perform it's difficult to decide if Prem quality- just look at Josh King. Give everyone one season even Skalak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Indeed. A tad surprised we aren't open to offers for him actually.

Of course we're open to offers for him! We're open to offers for all our players - that's how it works. Every player has a price; true, we won't sell if that (probably ridiculous) price isn't matched, and I'm pretty sure that CH will be very keen not to sell some of our players.
Make no mistake about it though - they're all up for sale if the price is right.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A League 1 quality player that I have personally never heard of. He goes in the folder marked Harley.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Oh dear Nomad, or is it no idea Nomad? If you've never heard of him...how can you Judge? Go back to the sunshine and carry on drinking!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Skalak and Murphy both deserve a chance, but i don't disagree that it would be good to have one other option for tbe wings as presumably KLL will depart.

Yep, I think Murphy can cut it and Skalak is a battler which we will probably need next season in part. He is also a player who doesn't get injured which is also handy.

As it stands to make the 25 man squad I believe we are currently at 22 including Stockdale so we can add 3 more players without sacrificing any of last season's squad.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It seems since our promotion, Skalak's ability has dramatically declined.

He's starting to remind me of JFC or Ashley Barnes. I can't put my finger on what it is, but there's something very familiar about Skalak and JFC/Barnes?

Well that's an odd argument - Skalak's ability has dramatically declined, yet Skalak reminds you of established Premier League regular Ashley Barnes. Are you two people?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Let's face it......Murphy & Skalak ARE good players and a lot of clubs would be willing to part good money for them. BUT although we may think they both deserve a chance at the Premier league, there are a lot of players within our budget that could be more effective in top league football. Let's face it neither were first choice in the Championship I doubt they can improve in The Premier League..........or can they?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here