Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic - Can today...

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
The league that makes Scott Sinclair look like Messi. They could have won all their league games and I still would be unimpressed.

A bottom championship/top League 1 standard of football at best.

I bet Elvis Manu could hit double figures in that Celtic team.

There is NO WAY ON EARTH that this Celtic team would go unbeaten in the Championship or League One.... So with that in mind I think more Conference North / South level.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mcbovvered, McMickey McMouse league

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
There is NO WAY ON EARTH that this Celtic team would go unbeaten in the Championship or League One.... So with that in mind I think more Conference North / South level.

Even if you picked the bottom 11 sides to form the 12 team league they wouldn't.

I'm sure the Celtic to the PL argument will pop up if they manage not to lose today

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think the problem Celtic (and in the past Rangers) face is the inescapable, yet unnecessary, constant comparisons to English football. A quick look here (https://www.theguardian.com/football/tables) for this season shows that Real Madrid have only lost 3 times, Bayern 2 times, Monaco 3 times, and that's among the so-called "elite" European leagues. I'd imagine if you dropped into looking at the likes of Portugal, Austria, Sweden etc you'd find more startling examples of teams running away with it. The level of competitiveness in all English divisions is pretty much unrivalled in Europe.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

To clarify: maybe Celtic would have a chance bottom end Championship/top of League 1. The rest of the Scottish Premiership you are probably right Conference North/South level.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Blimey, my FIRST thread on a Scottish FOOTBALL team and I'm suddenly obsessed. I have no love of the teams over the border but as this is a football forum and this is a football related thread I thought others may be interested in a possible footballing record being set/equalled. So go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you say before you post it. Once you've calmed down you can come back and play.

wind your neck in, it's a tin pot league !

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
My neck is firmly in place, thanks. Couldn't agree more about the Scottish Premiership and as I stated earlier this was a thread about footballing achievement. So less of the 'wind you neck in' advice. Ta very much.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'm not sure what else Celtic can do, they are the best team in the SPL by a country mile but they will never have the resources to attract the players needed to compete in Europe. They are stuck between the proverbial rock and a hard place.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now I know there's not a lot of love for our friends across the border and that it is ONLY the Scottish Premiership but as a football fan I think that if they achieve this record today, it deserves a warm round of applause.
Quite the opposite, the record is a stain on Scottish football, no league should be so imbalanced.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm going to write to the SFA and ask if they can make all the Celtic players wear their boots on the wrong feet for the 2017/18 season...

Oh, and the goalkeeper has to butter his gloves before kick off - and at half time.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Brighton v Celtic pre-season friendly would be entertaining

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Brighton v Celtic pre-season friendly would be entertaining

"Unbeaten all season, ah tell yae... Premier League? PISH... Get Tae F*ck..." (etc)

MKF.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Blimey, my FIRST thread on a Scottish FOOTBALL team and I'm suddenly obsessed. I have no love of the teams over the border but as this is a football forum and this is a football related thread I thought others may be interested in a possible footballing record being set/equalled. So go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you say before you post it. Once you've calmed down you can come back and play.

Don't be so pompous. Only threads started that eulogise a team from NOTB that is not Celtic or Rangers constitutes not 'obsessed' in my book. You may as well start a thread about how exciting it is that Chelsea may win the double next week.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
pa-photos_t_beram-kayal-celtic-photos-3007e.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As impressive as me beating a toenail clipping at scrabble.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Celtic winning the league - totally unimpressive.
Celtic winning the treble, including an unbeaten league season and losing just once to a team that wasn't called Barcelona - credit where it's due.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here