Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Celtic - Can today...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
...equal a league record dating back 118 years. If they don't lose today they will have gone the whole 2016/17 season unbeaten. Now I know there's not a lot of love for our friends across the border and that it is ONLY the Scottish Premiership but as a football fan I think that if they achieve this record today, it deserves a warm round of applause. So I for one ( just for today ) will hope they get their place in the record books. If they do it they will share the record with Rangers ( there's an incentive ).

Played 37, W33 - D4

Last edited:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
The league that makes Scott Sinclair look like Messi. They could have won all their league games and I still would be unimpressed.

A bottom championship/top League 1 standard of football at best.

I bet Elvis Manu could hit double figures in that Celtic team.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The league that makes Scott Sinclair look like Messi. They could have won all their league games and I still would be unimpressed.

A bottom championship/top League 1 standard of football at best.

I bet Elvis Manu could hit double figures in that Celtic team.

As I said "it's only the Scottish Premiership", it is a weak league I know and has been a poor league for some time but to go a whole season unbeaten is some achievement.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Here we go again. Obsessed. "Scottish football is so shit but I can't help myself from posting regularly about how shit it is on the messageboard of my very successful English team".

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Here we go again. Obsessed. "Scottish football is so shit but I can't help myself from posting regularly about how shit it is on the messageboard of my very successful English team".

Blimey, my FIRST thread on a Scottish FOOTBALL team and I'm suddenly obsessed. I have no love of the teams over the border but as this is a football forum and this is a football related thread I thought others may be interested in a possible footballing record being set/equalled. So go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you say before you post it. Once you've calmed down you can come back and play.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
certainly wouldn't knock scottish football myself

but being a follower of Rangers

in the words of Kevin Keegan

I'd love it if they got beat,love it :lol:

come on you Jam Tarts

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Blimey, my FIRST thread on a Scottish FOOTBALL team and I'm suddenly obsessed. I have no love of the teams over the border but as this is a football forum and this is a football related thread I thought others may be interested in a possible footballing record being set/equalled. So go and sit on the naughty step and think about what you say before you post it. Once you've calmed down you can come back and play.

Sorry, wasn't aimed at your post. It was pre-empting the swathes of replies.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
well done to Brechin City yesterday promoted to the championship

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
On the new 3G pitch? How'd that come about?

My partners son is at the Uni, he played on that pitch a while back. We went to have a look at the ground, it was open so we had a walk around. Nobody about, a ball in one of the dug outs......on the pitch and a few pens and a run around. Nice little ground.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My partners son is at the Uni, he played on that pitch a while back. We went to have a look at the ground, it was open so we had a walk around. Nobody about, a ball in one of the dug outs......on the pitch and a few pens and a run around. Nice little ground.

It is yeah - great location to the centre of town and quite a few different options for sitting/standing. £3 entry for students and 7.30 kick offs on Friday evenings meaning you were in the pub by 9.30. Nice little way to get your football fix whilst at uni.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nope, not having it, you'll never convince me this is an achievement. I would expect Montpelier Sunday 3rds from the Sussex Sunday League (I made up the team - I think) to give the Scottish Prem a good run for its money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here