Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Where does that ridiculous price tag of £10m come from for a man who has never played at the top level or shown any liklehood yo unless somebody takes a chance on him. At £10m they wouldnt take that chance perhaps £2m or £3m.

From Man City.
Simples.........and they will get it without any problem.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt expect anybody to pay such a price for him and would hope that we dont even consider him at the price. If he was worth that amount City wouldnt have just sent him out on loan to a Championship club other than to try to induce them toi buy him.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I wouldnt expect anybody to pay such a price for him and would hope that we dont even consider him at the price. If he was worth that amount City wouldnt have just sent him out on loan to a Championship club other than to try to induce them toi buy him.

He wasn't worth that when they loaned him... they loaned him to put him in the shop window not to try and get Huddersfield to buy him

He has had a great season in the Championship, and now they have put his price up accordingly

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If the price was right and available, then you'd take him in a heartbeat. Seriously, the lad is quality. Him and Stephens together would be formidable. Gross is able to play in front of a midfield 2, so could see that being a real option, as well as then Kayal, Baldock etc.

Those saying we don't need anymore players in central midfield - I seem to remember exactly the same thing said about centre halves last summer! If you can bring in someone who can improve the squad and they are available, you bring them in.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
If the price was right and available, then you'd take him in a heartbeat. Seriously, the lad is quality. Him and Stephens together would be formidable. Gross is able to play in front of a midfield 2, so could see that being a real option, as well as then Kayal, Baldock etc.

Those saying we don't need anymore players in central midfield - I seem to remember exactly the same thing said about centre halves last summer! If you can bring in someone who can improve the squad and they are available, you bring them in.

This with BELLS on.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Where does that ridiculous price tag of £10m come from for a man who has never played at the top level or shown any liklehood yo unless somebody takes a chance on him. At £10m they wouldnt take that chance perhaps £2m or £3m.

We were after a similar sum of money for Stephens. Mooy has been a stand out performer this season, made the EFL team of the year. I can't disagree with that valuation.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I'm guessing there's a budget for players, which we will need to spend on some decent full backs, a striker (big bucks) and possibly a goalkeeper. Won't leave much room for an expensive midfielder.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I can't recall the last time (or, if ever) a Brighton transfer rumour from a single source turned out to be true. I wonder why people still bother echoing them.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester

Don't know where you have been living for the last few years. I agree that some of the prices are getting silly however there is a fair amount of precedent for them. Look at the prices we turned down in the summer for players that have not been proved at the top level (I know AK has played a few PL games but with little success). Add to that players like Ross McCormack, Alex Pritchard, Andre Grey and Jordan Rhodes. All proven in the Championship but not I'm the top flight.

This is the kind of money you have to pay to get top prospects.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Exactly this. Mooy is a terrific player who without doubt would be able to do a job in the Premier League.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm guessing there's a budget for players, which we will need to spend on some decent full backs, a striker (big bucks) and possibly a goalkeeper. Won't leave much room for an expensive midfielder.

this, if with the signing of Gross priority is else where now, any midfielders would more likley be experienced on a free.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't know where you have been living for the last few years. I agree that some of the prices are getting silly however there is a fair amount of precedent for them. Look at the prices we turned down in the summer for players that have not been proved at the top level (I know AK has played a few PL games but with little success). Add to that players like Ross McCormack, Alex Pritchard, Andre Grey and Jordan Rhodes. All proven in the Championship but not I'm the top flight.

This is the kind of money you have to pay to get top prospects.

The difference being that those you quote are strikers/goal scorers who are always at a Premium, Mooy is not a prolific goal scorer.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Surely the German being SINGED will put the lid on this rumour , Stephens, Sidwell, Kayal, Gross, Norwood means we are well stocked in his position

I'd expect to see us setting out a five man midfield for most of next season, I wouldn't be surprised if we got another in.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
The difference being that those you quote are strikers/goal scorers who are always at a Premium, Mooy is not a prolific goal scorer.

Rhodes scored three and McCormack reached the dizzy heights of four, the same number as Aaron Mooy

Pritchard scored 6, and cost more than £8 million

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Never really rated when I watch him.

Seems to slow play down a lot.

I am not bothered by that bit

We will be looking to slow play down next year quite a bit to stop teams like Man City and Chelsea and Spurs and Liverpool from keeping the tempo high. I quite like him when I have seen him play but I have only really seem him play about 3 times.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He probably had a better season than Stephens and is younger so any valuation you have of Stephens, add 2 mil or so on.

If you still think he's only worth 2-3 million then, well, that says a lot!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here