Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I didn't realise he was Australian. As such, it's a "no" from me.

First of all, well, just being Australian is enough, but secondly there's the massive club disruption involved with playing home international fixtures on the other side of the world.

I'm sure Wagner moaned about this at some point this season. Not sure if it was the travel, injury or both.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Even if we were to sign Mooy, Sidwell would still get plenty of game time - there will be games and times in games where you need a stopper.

mmm I hope so, I like Sidwell and he has PL experience which could be vital but I think its probable he wants more game time than we can guarantee.

As has been said, I think Norwood will come into his own in a 5 man midfield, when that stopper is not quite required quite so much.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

First of all, well, just being Australian is enough, but secondly there's the massive club disruption involved with playing home international fixtures on the other side of the world.

meh, thats what squads are for, longer breaks between games in Prem should help. Cetainly not a reason to say no for me.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Not keen on Aussies Boz? That disruption playing games on the other side of the world never stopped Jedinak being a complete pain in the arse wherever he went.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
meh, thats what squads are for, longer breaks between games in Prem should help. Cetainly not a reason to say no for me.

Fair enough. He's still an Aussie though.

Not keen on Aussies Boz?

Frightful people, aren't they? My view may or may not be clouded by having worked for an Australian company for a very long time.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Fair enough. He's still an Aussie though.

Frightful people, aren't they? My view may or may not be clouded by having worked for an Australian company for a very long time.

I've seen some of his interviews. He appears to be very reserved and quite shy. Quite the opposite of a stereotypical Ozzie.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Even if we were to sign Mooy, Sidwell would still get plenty of game time - there will be games and times in games where you need a stopper.

There will be no games, where we are crying out for somebody to be consistently half a second late into challenges, giving away a succession of free kicks on the edge of our box.

(Sorry Siddy x)

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There will be no games, where we are crying out for somebody to be consistently half a second late into challenges, giving away a succession of free kicks on the edge of our box.

(Sorry Siddy x)

Well, if you only take the Villa game I agree, but he wasn't the only one who had a bad game that day...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

(Sorry Siddy x)

Bit harsh. Arguably Sidwell had a better season than Kayal, who seemed to struggle to regain any sort of form post injury, and wasn't particularly a stand out prior to that.

All based on the previous seasons standards of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If as it seems we are now after another central player...I would now be quite suprised if Mr Sidwell re-signed.

Game time for him maybe very limited, and I think at his age he wants to play..

On the flip side, he's been offered a contract whereas I'm not so sure (and maybe he's not) that he would get one anywhere else. Maybe it's a case of a few PL games are better than no PL games? As you say, it's a squad game and I think he could be an important part of the squad – on the field and off it, given his experience of the league...

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Fantastic Shelvey type player and not just because of his baldy bonce. Just the player we need.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Tomori was the best player on the pitch.

Stockdale was excellent too... for 89 minutes.

Thought Tomori was ok, but defensively his clearances were going to central for me where they had numbers. It's hard to believe how young he is - such a good player.

Stocko was indeed excellent for 89 mins, but sadly it's not the saves you make, it's the ones you concede. Think I gave him a 7, which still feels about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If as it seems we are now after another central player...I would now be quite suprised if Mr Sidwell re-signed.

Game time for him maybe very limited, and I think at his age he wants to play..

I think you are right. I like Siddy as a player, (I really do), but next season we are in the Premier League, and I honestly think those days are probably behind him now. He was slow in the Championship, imagine what he will be like when we go up a division.

Like it or not, l think we need as many as six or even seven new players to help us adjust to the new level, but whether Tony Bloom will see it that way is another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here