Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What can Ryan have said to him? Mooy has been to Brighton more times than Ryan has!

He can talk about the way he was treated as part of the contract negotiations, and the vision the club have for the future... remember all prospective players get a very well put together 'package' including an amazing video of the club's history.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, but Citeh are also currently open to other matching / better offers.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Is Mooy the player worthy of a bidding war that's beginning at £10m?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is Mooy the player worthy of a bidding war that's beginning at £10m?
I don't know for sure, but all I hear is that a lot of people rate him.

This needs to be balanced against (1) no PL experience, and (2) danger of being a '1 season wonder'.

A Man City buyback clause reportedly up to £27 million gives me a lot of confidence, though.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm not so sure

This is where I'm at, although to be precise the other way round.
This needs to be balanced against (1) no PL experience, and (2) danger of being a '1 season wonder'.
Not only has Mooy never been tested, but more importantly for me, he was dropped into a Huddersfield team seemingly moulded around him, and his attributes.

I was never convinced the Burnley move was suitable for DS, because the entire Albion team/game plan was pretty much built around him, I have the same doubt about Mooy going forward.

Obviously I'm also a little blinkered by the money, but that's just old thinking on my part.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I'm not sure it's a £10m bidding war. City seem happy with that fee, it's more a question of bidding on wages. We might like to think our training ground/stadium etc. is a key factor. Players may cite it as excellent, but in the end, the wage and bonus deal will be 95% of their decision.

The reason I don't see this deal as too much of a risk is the workrate and allround game of Mooy: tackling, engine, temperament and passing all look top notch. You need the engine room that Stephens, Mooy and Kayal (as a CM squad) could contribute to keep you in games in the PL.

HTFC remain favourites, but this is not done yet.

PG

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
10 million is fine for me, and the right price, if we can find better or as good for less then happy days. But 10 milion for him would not put me off.

Plenty go for way more from the Championship who i deem not as good.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Part of me hopes that he signs for Huddersfield. It's good to see key players that helped a team get promoted then play for them in the Prem. Besides, I'd rather see the Albion spend money of that magnitude on a striker.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As much as I would like to be proven wrong as I think he's quality, I just can't see why he would choose us over Huddersfield. They know each other really well, he has already shown he fits well into a Wagner side and we are probably offering comparable wages. Surely it would be safer for him to test himself in the premier league in an environment he is already comfortable in and if he has a good season, there will be better opportunities than Huddersfield and Brighton for him next summer.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Thoughts from anyone who watched today?

Thought he was pants, maybe unfit. I've been quite keen on us getting him based on the half a dozen times I saw him play last season, but find myself back-tracking on my enthusiasm. Will be interested to see how he performs against Cameroon and Chile before casting a final judgement.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Let Huddersfield pay the 10m for him
We should be getting proper value for money spending that sort of cash and he certainly isn't.
Like it was said earlier. One season wonder and well out of his depth here

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Not really that impressed as all he seemed to do mostly was to make a sideways pass ( not always accurate) and didn't appear to do anything particularly creative.
I thought the Aussies were gash generally though MR didn't have much chance with the goals due to particularly poor defending. We are supposed to be interested in Troisi who looked useful but I didn't pick up on what his role was supposed to be as I missed the first half hour.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Understandably most of us only get to see non Albion players a few times a year. I trust our scouts can see more and not base decisions on a couple of good games.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Thought he was pants, maybe unfit. I've been quite keen on us getting him based on the half a dozen times I saw him play last season, but find myself back-tracking on my enthusiasm. Will be interested to see how he performs against Cameroon and Chile before casting a final judgement.

Let Huddersfield pay the 10m for him
We should be getting proper value for money spending that sort of cash and he certainly isn't.
Like it was said earlier. One season wonder and well out of his depth here

Slows the game down too much. No improvement on what we've got.

Not really that impressed as all he seemed to do mostly was to make a sideways pass ( not always accurate) and didn't appear to do anything particularly creative.
I thought the Aussies were gash generally though MR didn't have much chance with the goals due to particularly poor defending. We are supposed to be interested in Troisi who looked useful but I didn't pick up on what his role was supposed to be as I missed the first half hour.

Cheers.
Not exactly a glowing report then.
Maybe he's tired after the long season.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Cheers.
Not exactly a glowing report then.
Maybe he's tired after the long season.
He looked very ordinary against a less than stellar German outfit. Pundits picked him up on being "slow" - so not great really.

Still think he is very decent but not worried about whether we can sign as good for the same money or significantly less (I suspect we already have done so with Pascal Gross...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here