Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I'm guessing there's a budget for players, which we will need to spend on some decent full backs, a striker (big bucks) and possibly a goalkeeper. Won't leave much room for an expensive midfielder.
In honesty who knows what CH wants...... Mooy would be ideal, we are in the PL now and we have to look to strengthen Everywhere.... obvious areas are strikers and full backs, but there is always room for a reshuffle! Same situation as last year when we bought Duffy!

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I can't recall the last time (or, if ever) a Brighton transfer rumour from a single source turned out to be true. I wonder why people still bother echoing them.

Cough... Ulloa.... Cough.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
According to The Sun, Hughton will offer to buy Mooy from Man City once his loan at Hudds has come to an end. May be an easier signing to make if they don't go up as well

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

The Sun.....Kelvin Mackenzie.....NMTBS :angry:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Don't know where you have been living for the last few years. I agree that some of the prices are getting silly however there is a fair amount of precedent for them. Look at the prices we turned down in the summer for players that have not been proved at the top level (I know AK has played a few PL games but with little success). Add to that players like Ross McCormack, Alex Pritchard, Andre Grey and Jordan Rhodes. All proven in the Championship but not I'm the top flight.

This is the kind of money you have to pay to get top prospects.

Agreed

Look what happened to Hull at the start of the season. They wouldn't invest in the squad initially and it ultimately cost them their place in the Premiership. If they had picked up a few more points early in the season they may have stayed up because they did invest a bit more when the new bloke came in after Mike (I apply for every job going) Phelan was sacked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They are perceived as goal scorers but most failed to do what they were bought for. Prirtchard did his in half a season having proved his goal scoring ability previously with Brentford scoring 12 in 42 games (approx1 in 4 ) and his price was based on that and what was expected of him. That is why CH tried to buy him.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The difference being that those you quote are strikers/goal scorers who are always at a Premium, Mooy is not a prolific goal scorer.

Dunk? Stephens? Would easily have been asking £10m whether we had gone up or not (I know Stephens was out of contract but if he had a couple of years left he would easily command such a fee).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk? Stephens? Would easily have been asking £10m whether we had gone up or not (I know Stephens was out of contract but if he had a couple of years left he would easily command such a fee).

A player is only worth what a particular club is prepared to pay. If we offered £4m for Mooy and nobody topped it Man City have the choice to sell him to us or not but if we didnt budge from our offer and nobody else was interested that would bring down his price.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
A player is only worth what a particular club is prepared to pay. If we offered £4m for Mooy and nobody topped it Man City have the choice to sell him to us or not but if we didnt budge from our offer and nobody else was interested that would bring down his price.

BG - You do post some interesting stuff on here but that's a silly thing to say in reference to Aaron Mooy. There are probably at least 10 clubs from here and abroad who are chasing Mooy at this moment in time.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
We would certainly boast a combative midfield if we picked him up. Slightly better with the ball than Dale but not as good at breaking down play. Both very similar.

The ginger legoman can't be too far away from this one, thankfully without the financial and competitive advantage this time around.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
BG - You do post some interesting stuff on here but that's a silly thing to say in reference to Aaron Mooy. There are probably at least 10 clubs from here and abroad who are chasing Mooy at this moment in time.

Agreed. And if they don't get the fee they want, they will loan him out for a few million quid. Clubs will be lining up.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We would certainly boast a combative midfield if we picked him up. Slightly better with the ball than Dale but not as good at breaking down play. Both very similar.

I would say that Mooy is much better than Stephens with the ball and far more creative. And for the record, I love Stephens.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
When has anyone ever believed anything that's printed in that completely shit rag, apart from the date?

If the price was right and available, then you'd take him in a heartbeat. Seriously, the lad is quality. Him and Stephens together would be formidable. Gross is able to play in front of a midfield 2, so could see that being a real option, as well as then Kayal, Baldock etc.

Those saying we don't need anymore players in central midfield - I seem to remember exactly the same thing said about centre halves last summer! If you can bring in someone who can improve the squad and they are available, you bring them in.

Yes and I'd say there are very big question marks how much Sidwell and Norwood can contribute at PL level.

Kayal definitely can but we need to see him back to 15-16 form - so with those unknowns we have to still sign quality in that position

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Playing 4-4-2 against the big clubs would be absolute suicide next season.

Realistically we need 5 central midfielders. For me, Norwood doesn't offer enough and Sidwell turns 35 years old just before Christmas so isn't going to be playing every game. Add to the fact that Kayal really struggled for form last season and we can 100% use another central midfielder.

A midfield of Mooy and Stephens would be brilliant, and being able to add Groß, Sidwell or Kayal to that would be a very solid selection of midfielders.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex

Realistically we need 5 central midfielders. For me, Norwood doesn't offer enough and Sidwell turns 35 years old just before Christmas so isn't going to be playing every game. Add to the fact that Kayal really struggled for form last season and we can 100% use another central midfielder.

A midfield of Mooy and Stephens would be brilliant, and being able to add Groß, Sidwell or Kayal to that would be a very solid selection of midfielders.

Agreed. Imagine that Stephens gets a long term injury 4 weeks in to the season. We'd look very weak in central midfield.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Definitely. Doubts about Kayal, Sidwell and Norwood week in week out at the top level for me, Mooy is worth at least as much as Stephens in today's market so £10m isn't unreasonable based on what was being touted about for DS in the last window. The pair of them together would be potentially very solid, with a CAM like Gross in front of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here