Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We went through a period of time when every German that you met was arrogant and superior but now they are not so and the ones that are become an exception, Wagner is one of those exceptions.

Not sure who you are including in the 'we', but my experience is not yours. In the course of my job, I met many people of different nationalities and very few of those were arrogant and superior Germans. Quite the opposite, in fact. Some other nationalities have more who fall into those categories, including our own!

You must have been very unlucky with the Germans you've met!

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Not sure who you are including in the 'we', but my experience is not yours. In the course of my job, I met many people of different nationalities and very few of those were arrogant and superior Germans. Quite the opposite, in fact. Some other nationalities have more who fall into those categories, including our own!

Quite agree with you Knotty. I have many German friends, some made when I did my national service in the late 50s. Never ever met a superior or arrogant one.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
If we managed to secure Tomori , Mooy and Abraham, along with Gross I would be happy with that being and end to transfer activity............................plus a goalkeeper if Stoko doesn't want to stay.

Wouldnt argue with signing any of those, but I think we really need at least one full back. If Huddersfield arent promoted I would take Tommy Smith off them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

I must have also been unlucky then....

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Good luck next Monday. You are the best team left in the division and deserve to go up. I can't remember the last time we were smashed like we were in the 1st half at your place.

Cheers mate. Really looking forward to it - it's a chance to show the world what we can do! Especially as the club have very sneakily just announced that Kasey Palmer has been in training for weeks and is going to be fighting fit for the final. I can't wait!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
At least let us play our final eh lads...

If we do get up then we will do everything within our power to sign him permanent. He is fundamental to how we play, dictating the pace of games and providing us with control. By a long way the best midfielder we've ever seen at the McAlpine (and since you've mentioned them we've had both Norwood and Clayton in recent years)

How about we take Mooy and you take back Norwood + £5 in P/EX?

I wouldnt read to much into the Mooy thing, its that time of the year and journos start linking you with everyone, last week it was yaya toure in the press, how ridiculous is that!

Seriously best of luck on Monday, your football has won a lot of admirers this season, You were the best team for large parts of the season, and that with less resources than many clubs. I for one will be rooting for you to win......

and I should mention, what are you doing beating Wednesday?, dont you know the footballing giant and their million of fans belong in the PL, Theyre such a massive club with a massive ground, you were went to crumble through fear and intimidation :lolol:

Good luck UTT

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
We went through a period of time when every German that you met was arrogant and superior but now they are not so and the ones that are become an exception, Wagner is one of those exceptions.

No he aint, he's actually a very articulate and humble person, albeit very driven and a very good manager...... he tried the old mind games in the season, but come on, many mangers do that, and at a time when the race was tight, he did something to try and gain an advantage.... it didnt work, but that doesn't make him arrogant or superior, unless you simplistically focus on that one event. He's a decent fella

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No he aint, he's actually a very articulate and humble person, albeit very driven and a very good manager...... he tried the old mind games in the season, but come on, many mangers do that, and at a time when the race was tight, he did something to try and gain an advantage.... it didnt work, but that doesn't make him arrogant or superior. He's a decent fella

Running half the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal with his players against Leeds which caused problems. Yep decent fella.

Fnd_hudds

That Huddersfield Tosser
Feb 3, 2017
Just been announced that, on top of everything else he's done for us, our chairman and his wife are going to be cycling from Huddersfield to Wembley to raise money for 200 kids to attend the game that would be unable to otherwise.

A bit of back story - when Hoyle took over the club he wanted it to give more back to the community, one of the poorer areas in the UK, seeing the football club as core to it. So he set up the "Town foundation" - http://www.htafcfoundation.com/ - which aims to support local kids who might not have had the best start in life. An example of which would be the "free breakfasts" initiative, where our players go and help serve breakfast to kids that can't afford it. Imagine what promotion would mean to this...

He's a good egg is our Deano. He saved us from the brink of administration (via Ken Davy), and has poured £40m into the club and community. No one deserves this chance more than him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just been announced that, on top of everything else he's done for us, our chairman and his wife are going to be cycling from Huddersfield to Wembley to raise money for 200 kids to attend the game that would be unable to otherwise.

A bit of back story - when Hoyle took over the club he wanted it to give more back to the community, one of the poorer areas in the UK, seeing the football club as core to it. So he set up the "Town foundation" - http://www.htafcfoundation.com/ - which aims to support local kids who might not have had the best start in life. An example of which would be the "free breakfasts" initiative, where our players go and help serve breakfast to kids that can't afford it. Imagine what promotion would mean to this...

He's a good egg is our Deano. He saved us from the brink of administration (via Ken Davy), and has poured £40m into the club and community. No one deserves this chance more than him.

Brilliant that, echoes of Tony Bloom there. Best of luck in the final, you deserve it (and I hate Reading)

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Running half the length of the pitch to celebrate a goal with his players against Leeds which caused problems. Yep decent fella.

Mourinho, Di Canio and many others have done it....... Bit more extravagant than the crazy Hughton fist pumps, but nothing wrong with a bit of passion from a manager. Its all emotions from the heat of the moment.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here