Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I do understand what you are saying because I've said the same post Huddersfield, but everything has changed now and we need to improve and will need to get results, by sheer effort and desire alone, in addition to ability.

It's the effort and tenacity that trips Norwood up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's difficult to disagree with this really. Next season we are going to have to get used to losing far more games, It will be backs to the wall stuff with far more pressure being put onto players collectively to defend.

Can Norwood hack that? I'm not so sure.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's difficult to disagree with this really. Next season we are going to have to get used to losing far more games, It will be backs to the wall stuff with far more pressure being put onto players collectively to defend.

Can Norwood hack that? I'm not so sure.

he hacks it in internationals

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Don't want him.

I'm really surprised you say that fella. Surely would be a strong option in a central midfield 3 with Stephens and Gross if we are playing 4-5-1 and can easily revert into a 4-4-2 as well.

Are you saying that you think Sidwell or Norwood are better options?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have no problem with signing him as he has shown to be a good player that could benefit us but my concern is the price being mentioned, not that it should be my problem as I am not paying it. So if TB, PB and CH are happy to pay it go for it.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Would be absolutely delighted if we could get him, the best centre mid in the Championship this season.
Possibly, but he does slow the game down a lot and doesn't attack with pace.
I would say on a par with Stephens

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Mooy and Stephens next to each other in a 4-2-3-1 would be excellent. Get him in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If as it seems we are now after another central player...I would now be quite suprised if Mr Sidwell re-signed.

Game time for him maybe very limited, and I think at his age he wants to play..

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I guess Huddersfield would get first refusal should they go up? I believe Newcastle are also interested.

On Norwood, it was a strange purchase given we play 4-4-2 all the time, he is absolutely brilliant when playing for NI in a 5 man midfield. Given his chance I think he would excel in our team in a holding 2 in front of the back 4.

On another note, I HATE playing 4-2-3-1 at home, such negative football. Okay for away when you've got to lock up the midfield to get the point.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If as it seems we are now after another central player...I would now be quite suprised if Mr Sidwell re-signed.

Game time for him maybe very limited, and I think at his age he wants to play..

Even if we were to sign Mooy, Sidwell would still get plenty of game time - there will be games and times in games where you need a stopper.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I didn't realise he was Australian. As such, it's a "no" from me.

First of all, well, just being Australian is enough, but secondly there's the massive club disruption involved with playing home international fixtures on the other side of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here