Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Aaron Mooy

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I think he's comically overrated by many. It's a fair argument that he made the team of the season but there are often players who are grossly overrated. It's not that long ago Jake Forster-Caskey was a regular starter for the England under-21s and now he's struggling to get into Charlton's midfield.

£10million is still a big chunk of cash, and for a player who has played 1 season it's far too much. I'm no fan of Norwood but in a midfield 3 I'd prefer him to what I've seen of Mooy so far.

Comically underrated by you going by the last sentence. Sure, Mooy benefits from having Hogg mind the back door so he'd maybe stifle DS and BK a little attacking wise but that's going to be the order of the day in the Premier League anyway to an extent or we will be overrun. He is streets ahead of Ollie Norwood though.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
According to The Guardian today he is going to cost Huddersfield £17m. If they are prepared to splash that much cash on a player with no Premiershit experience they are either completely mental or desperate.

Its this story here about graduates from Australia's A - League.
It is 17m but its 17m Australian dollars as its a Guardian Australia piece. - ie: £10m as previously reported.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ooy-move-sets-alarm-bells-ringing-in-a-league

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Would rather we signed Danny Williams who Huddersfield are after as well.

He was the best player in the play-off final and would be a left-sided defensive midfielder better than Norwood? .

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
According to todays Argus, Mooy is very interested in Albion, but also feels an allegiance towards Huddersfield
If he was 100% focused on going to Huddersfield, he wouldn't even be giving us a thought.

Hmmmm.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
22 June 2017

Cameroon v Australia
FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 Group Stage
1530 kick off 16:00
ITV4 / ITV4 HD

Mooy plays the easy ball forward to forward marked by two. He is no Ozil.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mooy playing short passes and sometimes running into position for returns which he doesn't get; looks about as useful as Rohan Ince (not even as good with challenges) when playing for Australia. More like a Bridcutt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
All the apologises can have all the reasons they want for Mooy looking more like a Moo-ey.
But in 1 1/2 games I'm yet to see him kick a dead ball to one of his own team.

Sure he'd fit right in with the Albion, but shirley the idea is to improve the squad.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Based on the judgements being made after 1.5 games of international football, and for Australia at that, if that is the benchmark, I wouldn't want to take half the England squad if offered either!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
HT Summary:

I can’t imagine Postecoglou will be too unhappy, however, as his charges looked in decent control for the majority of the period. Kruse has managed to find some space down the right, and Gersbach has whipped in some delightful balls that you’d imagine will eventually find a head. Mooy and Rogic look capable of creating chances :ohmy:, and from an offensive point of view the back three have been safe enough.

It’s easily said now, but Australia has looked susceptible to the early ball over the top. Cameroon has been pummelling them with the tactic so far, and it eventually formed the route to their lead. They weren’t compact at all for the goal, and I can see now that people are starting to question Ryan’s positioning too. :eek: I think when the attacker is afforded that much space to run into the area then a keeper can viably be expected to come out like that.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Mooy doesn't look very quick. End of a hard season?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here