Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division 2, Sussex v Durham at Hove, May 21-24, 2017***

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Fantastic day at Hove today! Weather was perfect and a HUGE stand between Wells and Van Zyl, who looks a class act. There was that contented hum you only get at cricket grounds where the bar is open, the sun is shining and the home team are mullering the bowling. Talking of which, Luke Wells totally smashed it after tea, massively entertaining. Well batted Dave!

PG

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just looked at the card and thought it was a miss-print ! Not sure how we can conspire to lose this from here ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went after tea yesterday and caught Wells score 100 in less than an hour in the beautiful sunshine. Will be going back after work today.

Is it true that he hit 32 off one over? That's most un-Wells-like. He's probably secured the No 3 slot for the season now

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Is it true that he hit 32 off one over? That's most un-Wells-like. He's probably secured the No 3 slot for the season now

With the help of a no ball, yes.

Pitch is flat, pretty slow, Durham were a bowler short and there wasn't a cloud in the sky but take nothing away, he was awesome. I was skeptical about Yards as batting coach (you could never accuse him of being a technician) but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. He was a guy that made the best of limited ability and that's pretty much a coach's job description.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Isn't it great being a local sports fan, I said to a neighbour this morning, oh I hope we get more runs this morning. He looked at me like I was mad, 'of course we will he said".

I still have an omonus feeling the pitch will flatten out and Durham will just pile on the runs, even though they bowled and fielded fairley well to already keep the score down to what it is.

I am looking forward to the prospect of the Archer and Jordan batting show later today.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Great seeing them play in whites and not the coloured kit used for T20

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
spring hall convert;7948457I was skeptical about Yards as batting coach (you could never accuse him of being a technician) but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. He was a guy that made the best of limited ability and that's pretty much a coach's job description.[/QUOTE said:
Understandable but wrong to be sceptical about Michael Yardy as Sussex batting coach.

For the salary being paid it would be very, very difficult to find someone better suited to the role. He is brilliant with coaching the young Academy batsmen and is also well able to help the more senior players - mainly with the mental side of their game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sussex now 489/5

Van Zyl fell one short of 150.

Burgess going well, on 43*

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Jordan gone c & b

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports