Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is it possible that the coaches see him as a potentially good Championship player ? If he goes out on loan and does well, perhaps we could then more than recoup his wages etc with a transfer fee...?
Yes, that's a good shout, I think. If he goes out on loan and has a good season, we can get a fee for him; without the contract extension, he could have a good season and then someone could pick him up on a free.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Richie Towell can understand why the football public was surprised by the news that he has signed a new contract with Brighton. That's because the offer came as a shock to him, too.

More》》》》http://www.independent.ie/sport/soc...-after-his-steep-learning-curve-35831590.html

Seems a very sensible lad, hope he gets a decent chance in the Championship to prove himself and comes back to us next season firing on all cylinders. The club obviously rate him and don't want to miss out on his talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Seems a very sensible lad, hope he gets a decent chance in the Championship to prove himself and comes back to us next season firing on all cylinders. The club obviously rate him and don't want to miss out on his talent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's great, the lad has knuckled down, got on with it, and hey presto he's still here.
Not one for the bright lights of Brum' :wink:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just been called up to the senior ROI squad, along with Duffy.

Congrats to the guy.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Warney on Towell: "I think Roy Keane will love him because he likes people who train at an intensity and Richie Towell definitely does that.

"His training intensity is why Chris Hughton loves him at Brighton and always kept him around the first team. If he goes and trains the way I know he can I think Roy Keane will really like him. I don't know what he'll think of his teeth but he'll really like him as a footballer."

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
His contract is up at the end of the season. Surely we’re not going to give him away for free, or next to nothing in January

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
His contract is up at the end of the season. Surely we’re not going to give him away for free, or next to nothing in January

Far better player than Kayal we should go after him in January he could be the difference between staying up and a champions league place :whistle:

PS Pleased he's doing well

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Well, Rotherham seem to be doing their best not to pay for him, but they seem to like him - guess they are hanging on hoping he'll be theirs for free come next season. There doesn't seem to be a queue of prospective buyers.
Free transfer looks the likeliest bet.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

He was given an extra year on his contract (for no apparent reason) in May 2017, and although his contract does expire at the end of this season, Albion have a further option of one year, so who knows what will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here