Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If not Stockdale, then who?

Lush

Mods' Pet
I realise it's just one game, but Walton's performance (at the age of 18) against Tottenham in the cup was outstanding.

Since then he's got three years more experience, including four loan spells (with rave reviews) and 11 England appearances.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Marshall (Hull) as well as Stockdale.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Przemysław Tytoń from Deportivo.

Or Guillermo Ochoa from Granada, I know he has conceded the record amount of goals in a La Ligand season, but he has also got a record number of saves and named club player of the season.

Last edited:

DavePage

Murray has shown a good pair of hands in the box.

Won’t all the teams need 3 goalkeepers working on a rotation next year? With retrospective diving.

What would they do with penalties? Stand straight on the middle of the goal or risk a two match ban.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

A most definate no. The lad isn't old enough, or experienced enough for the Premier League. Throw him in at the deep end and the experience would have a negative effect on him. Send him out on loan again to a League One, or League Two club for a season's more first team football. He will benefit from it in the long term. Still very much one for the future.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Przemysław Tytoń from Deportivo.

Or Guillermo Ochoa from Granada, I know he has conceded the record amount of goals in a La Ligand season, but he has also got a record number of saves and named club player of the season.

Ochoa for me too, the Granada defence is absolutely hopeless.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
A most definate no. The lad isn't old enough, or experienced enough for the Premier League. Throw him in at the deep end and the experience would have a negative effect on him. Send him out on loan again to a League One, or League Two club for a season's more first team football. He will benefit from it in the long term. Still very much one for the future.

what happened to 'if you're good enough you're old enough' also Jack Butland got a full England cap at a younger age than Walton is now.
Also what about Jordan Pickford who had a lengthy run in the Sunderland team this season, and was one of the few players to enhance their reputation in their relegation season

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Won’t all the teams need 3 goalkeepers working on a rotation next year?

We'll name two in the squad of 25 (?) next season with Walton available as one of our English youngsters. He doesn't need to be named in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here