Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If not Stockdale, then who?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I can't believe im saying it... as I agree with BG but Szczeny the Arsenal keeper is a decent shout if in budget and I think he probably is.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
John Ruddy anyone? Released by Norwich - similar age and ability to Stockers

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Walton and the Finn are perfect behind a number 1........... who that is, I agree there are an incredible number of adequate players out there who'll be keen and we have the right staff to choose (and negotiate) I reckon.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
John Ruddy anyone? Released by Norwich - similar age and ability to Stockers

He has been mentioned as he has history with CH. He was asked about joining West Ham on Soccer AM and he answered neither Yes or No but said it is agent talk and if his agent was listening he is not doing his job he should be out getting him anew contract at a club.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'll name two in the squad of 25 (?) next season with Walton available as one of our English youngsters. He doesn't need to be named in the squad.
Walton is too old for that by a couple of months. He would need to be named in the 25 man squad.

D

Deleted member 2719

Wayne Shaw could do a job.

Attachments

• 255483-1487708378-wide.jpg
    255483-1487708378-wide.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 422

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
This. Can't understand the mentality that seems to say if they're under 23 they should stay in the U23s until they actually are twenty three! Every player who has ever played in the PL will at one time have had no experience of playing in the PL. Obviously CH and his team see them in training and can get some idea of who is ready to step up - but that is inevitably always going to be a bit of a gamble; that's the nature of the beast.

Agree with you completely except when it comes to keepers.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A most definate no. The lad isn't old enough, or experienced enough for the Premier League. Throw him in at the deep end and the experience would have a negative effect on him. Send him out on loan again to a League One, or League Two club for a season's more first team football. He will benefit from it in the long term. Still very much one for the future.

I couldn't disagree more. The goal keepers who get to world class status are normally the one who started playing for the first team in their teens. Walton is 22 and needs to get first team action at a high level if he has aspirations of playing for the national side

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Westwood would be my first choice if we couldnt have stockdale, very similar attributes to Stockdale and would be very happy if Stickdale moved on and ge was his replacement.

The Flying from the little I have seen has provided decent cover but It would be a backwards step and we would lose a lot by having him as our number one.

I dont think Walton is ready yet but I think he will be given a chance to prove himself pre-season.

However I am sure we will recruit outside if The top two English leagues.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Feck me. [emoji23]

And you didn't rate Marshall..... [emoji2]

Adrian is a disaster waiting to happen every game. Would take Maennpa and Walton over him. I reckon Casper might even reconsider retirement [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just see him doing a lot of the basics right when I have seen him and I like that in a keeper but I readily accept we all have differing opinions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here