Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori is outstanding

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Up to 8M i'd take him. Alot of money though for a position we are well covered in. Loan seems more likely so we can raise the value of him for chelski :rolleyes:

Level head for a young man, and good potential.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
At the time, Tomori hadn't played league football of any kind. At the time, it was a fair complaint that a homegrown player was being moved out to make room for one of the many Chelsea youngsters. It's easy to say now that the move worked out extremely well for us, and the player but to criticise people who voiced their opposition to the signing at the time, with the benefit of hindsight, is childish.

Tomori is a quality player, and a must sign. If we have to take him on loan, then so be it. But he's a £10million defender with unquestionable re-sale value, there isn't a downside to buying him.

No it wasn't, because that wasn't what happened. This is what Hughton has said of Hunt this season (quotes from the Argus):-

On January 6 -
...young Rob Hunt, who has done really well for us and trains with the first team every day now.

After the FA Cup match against MK Dons -
The two young fullbacks did very well. Rob is the one that has trained with the first team more than Sam but I thought they both gave good, 90-minute performances.

On January 13 Crawley Town manager Dermot Drummy was quoted as being optimistic of taking Hunt on loan -
After talking to Chris Hughton, I know he is weighing up his options with Rob. He is a very good, technical player who would improve our squad without doubt but we have to make sure the move would be right for Albion as well as the player.

It is clear that Hughton wanted Hunt to go out on loan to get his first proper experience of playing men's football. No matter how highly he rates Hunt, it would have been a risk for Hughton to rely on him providing cover during the final 3 critical months of the season, Hunt doesn't provide cover in the centre-back position AND he might not have played at all, which wouldn't have done his development any good. Tomori does at least have some (very limited) Premier League experience and had played a number of international matches at youth level as well as covering centre-back and full-back positions.

So Hunt went on loan to Oldham and made 10 appearances (9 starts) for a club who were in relegation trouble. He drew high praise from their manager John Sheridan (before he missed the end of the season with hamstring trouble). That experience will prove invaluable in his career progression. And, our recruitment team found a youngster to come in and take his place who is clearly a very good player and has most of the Albion fan base hoping he joins the Albion squad for their Premier League campaign next season. In short, I think Hughton has played a bit of a blinder on this one - don't you?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
If he becomes available do you think we will be the only club interested.
You can assured that other team scouts have been keeping tabs on him.
Brighton could be his choice as he now has an association with us, but money talks.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Don't also forget that he might think he have a chance at Chelsea next season and decide to stay and fight for a fringe place. There a lot of slightly big-headed assumption on here that just because we might want him, he'd come.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd love him to sign either on loan or permanently but he will be a squad player. He could go, on another loan, to a top Championship and be first choice, which may well suit him better?

I'm not convinced he is quite ready to be first choice in the Premier League.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
It's all immaterial, there is no chance that Chelsea will sell him. He has shown enough here that he will definitely have a top career. Mentally he appears very strong, this seems to be a trait found in a lot of young Chelsea players as opposed to Arsenal youngsters.
We will almost certainly be interested in a loan and I'm sure we will be near the front of the queue to bring him back.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I agree it's a brilliant thing.

The only problem is evening matches away from home when fans have travelled 50 miles or more and needs to get home that evening for work next day. If you have a few of them then it could be that fans start to miss trains or have to leave early to catch them

Would that really be a problem though? I don't think the video replay takes any more time than all the rolling around, histrionics and arguing we get currently around any similar incident.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
It's all immaterial, there is no chance that Chelsea will sell him. He has shown enough here that he will definitely have a top career. Mentally he appears very strong, this seems to be a trait found in a lot of young Chelsea players as opposed to Arsenal youngsters.
We will almost certainly be interested in a loan and I'm sure we will be near the front of the queue to bring him back.

Playing for England U20, against a very good Argentina in a prestigious tournament and totally bossing it will not have done our chances of having him back on loan any good,Chelsea may well want to keep him, and he may get a chance and keep his place.
But starting and game time may come into it or maybe Chelsea may think 1 more year on loan, stepping up to The PL will suit both Tomori and Chelsea.
Chelsea will not talk until their season is over, after the FA Cup final.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Playing for England U20, against a very good Argentina in a prestigious tournament and totally bossing it will not have done our chances of having him back on loan any good,Chelsea may well want to keep him, and he may get a chance and keep his place.
But starting and game time may come into it or maybe Chelsea may think 1 more year on loan, stepping up to The PL will suit both Tomori and Chelsea.
Chelsea will not talk until their season is over, after the FA Cup final.

Andreas Christensen (sp) will be coming back after a couple of seasons out on loan and will more than likely be pushing for a starting place. Plus they have Ake. Chelsea will almost certainly see Tomori's next stage of development being a full season on loan. If it isn't with us then perhaps Chelsea will send him to Germany where Christensen has been.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Would that really be a problem though? I don't think the video replay takes any more time than all the rolling around, histrionics and arguing we get currently around any similar incident.

I don't know. Depends how many incidents there are in any given game I suppose.

I do like the idea as I said and I loved how the Tomori incident was sorted yesterday but I often travel to different venues to see matches and sometimes I've found myself pushed for time to catch trains on midweek evening matches and that's without the video reviews.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here