Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomori is outstanding

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
At the time, Tomori hadn't played league football of any kind. At the time, it was a fair complaint that a homegrown player was being moved out to make room for one of the many Chelsea youngsters. It's easy to say now that the move worked out extremely well for us, and the player but to criticise people who voiced their opposition to the signing at the time, with the benefit of hindsight, is childish.
No, I criticised them in the thread at the time, so this isn't with hindsight. I did so because the experts at our club (like Hughton) thought it was the right move, and I trust their judgement, and I criticise those that don't. Feel free to look it up.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013

Stumpy Tim

At the time, Tomori hadn't played league football of any kind. At the time, it was a fair complaint that a homegrown player was being moved out to make room for one of the many Chelsea youngsters. It's easy to say now that the move worked out extremely well for us, and the player but to criticise people who voiced their opposition to the signing at the time, with the benefit of hindsight, is childish.

Tomori is a quality player, and a must sign. If we have to take him on loan, then so be it. But he's a £10million defender with unquestionable re-sale value, there isn't a downside to buying him.
Cracking player, but if we're only allowed 2 loans he would be a waste. Central defence is an area we're well stocked. Would love it if we bought him, but not a loan

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Dominic Solanke - a team mate of Tomori's at both Chelsea and England U-20's wouldn't be a bad acquisition either, his contract is up at Chelsea and they would be due a development fee if he went to a English club. As he's currently being eyed up by RB Leipzig and Celtic, they might be open to a cheeky offer rather than potentially lose him for nothing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Never going to happen. Chelsea wouldn't have offered him a 4 year contract last year if they didn't see him as a future first team player for them IMO

They would, just so they can get more money. Loftus Cheek was one of their most hyped young players in years but it looks as though he may be sold this summer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
If you're going to say "Raffa instantly thrown everything at him" you might as well go all out at say "froan".

Is this now a game of throwns?

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
He fitted in really well and was really professional. It would be great to get him. Loan seems most likely option.
I was told that the PL clubs are only allowed 2 loans in the 25-man squad. If so then we have to be careful who we chose as loan players in case we need 1 in January.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was told that the PL clubs are only allowed 2 loans in the 25-man squad. If so then we have to be careful who we chose as loan players in case we need 1 in January.

Well, if he's one of our two, that'd be fine by me. Agree it would be even better if we could buy him, though.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Whoever told you that is wrong, Hull for example have 6 players in their squad on loan.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Isn't it 2 from Premier League clubs, but you're allowed more from outside the Premier League?

That could be the case as Hull have one from Liverpool, 1 from Everton and 4 players from outside the Premier League.

Edit - from the FA Standardised Rules 2016-17 it says the following

The Competition shall not approve more than two (2) Long Term Loan transfers to or from any one club, including Premier League and Football League Clubs, at any one time.

About as clear as mud (not unexpected from a document that also mentions short term loans which no longer exist) it could mean no more than 2 players at one time between 2 clubs, so we could get Tomori and Abraham but not a third on loan from Chelsea.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here