Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Scottish teams join the EFL?

Should Scottish teams compete in the EFL?

• Yes

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • No

Votes: 171 85.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Running around the streets of Raith

EFL yes. I would allow the top Scottish club to qualify for the Championship to Premier League play-offs.

And I would invite Scottish and Irish clubs to the FA Cup. Kirkwall Rovers vs Guernsey FC

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May as well let PSG play in the English league.

Start messin with the leagues and FIFA will have us with a single GB team in no time. It will be all English plus Bale. That will hasten the rush to independence more than wee missy Krankie could ever dream about.

Hang on . . . . that would create an independent England. I'm in! Or not. No, leave it alone FFS!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Precisely - and they're quite right. One whiff of Celtic and Rangers in the EPL, and England, Scotland, Wales and NI teams would disappear overnight - UEFA and FIFA would love to stuff us, and force us to have just a GB team. No bloody thanks!

I posted my rant before reading yours. Yes. Spot on. :bowdown:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We have NZ teams playing in our Soccer, Basketball, Rugby leagues, takes nothing away from any of those competitions and they aren't sharing a border with us nor 10,000 years of history.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Watching Celtic fans cream themselves with celebration like the unexpected has happened makes me kind of wish they were competing down here. Thoughts?
Seek help.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why not FFS ?
We have Welsh teams in the Premier League and English Football League
Yeah, but the Welsh are mostly decent.

Perhaps it would benefit football in both countries to have a couple of Scottish clubs competing on a level playing field with Englands best, not to mention that the atmosphere would be terrific against either Rangers or Celtic with a guaranteed 50/60,000 away crowd every time !
Get tae fu**

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No as Celtic wouldn't qualify for the Champ League from the Championship every year and Rangers wouldn't get the UEFA Cup (or whatever it's called now from league 1.

The other clubs could have their own seperate non-league with about 3 or 4 capable of popping up to League 2 for a year before crashing again.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Why not FFS ?
We have Welsh teams in the Premier League and English Football League AND an English team (Berwick Rangers) playing in the the Scottish Leagues.
Perhaps it would benefit football in both countries to have a couple of Scottish clubs competing on a level playing field with Englands best, not to mention that the atmosphere would be terrific against either Rangers or Celtic with a guaranteed 50/60,000 away crowd every time !

This, pity it can't be trialled for a season, though I don't think the Scottish public would cope when no Scottish teams qualify for Europe :wozza:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Rangers & Celtic in the PL would liven things up a bit

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Frankie Boyle made a joke on HIGNFY, last night.
They were talking about Forest Green being earth friendly, spreading manure on the pitch.
To which he replied: There's already enough sh!t on pitches in Scotland.

No from me!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Just 'no'.

Other than the fact it would kill Scottish football, I actually think in time despite their large supporter base, they would achieve very little. I accept the argument of Celtic vs Man City this season, but this was a cup final for Celtic, the chance to put one over the English. Going to Stoke on a Tuesday night (or even us or Bournemouth) or having to play against better teams week in, week out, I think they'd struggle ultimately and that includes any greater income. Bottom half of PL for me.

Rangers would be comfortably the weakest team in the prem and that includes Sunderland. In fact I'm not even sure they'd finish in the top half of the championship.

What about Aberdeen? Finished above Rangers.........

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
don't really see why they have so many divisions up there

surely it would be better to revert back to just 2 divisions,like in the 60's

at least then 50 per cent of the teams would benefit from playing Rangers,Celtic,Hibs,Hearts and Aberdeen

and would be realistic for other clubs to get that chance

to use say Montrose as an example

at the moment they'ed have to gain 3 promotions in order to play the Old Firm

as against just one with the two tier system

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
don't really see why they have so many divisions up there

surely it would be better to revert back to just 2 divisions,like in the 60's

at least then 50 per cent of the teams would benefit from playing Rangers,Celtic,Hibs,Hearts and Aberdeen

and would be realistic for other clubs to get that chance

to use say Montrose as an example

at the moment they'ed have to gain 3 promotions in order to play the Old Firm

as against just one with the two tier system
Quite agree with that. The counter argument being, of course, that nearly every team is in touching distance of promotion or relegation - and the super exciting(!) play-offs. For me, your case beats that hands down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here