Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you regret letting Steve Cook go?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No. Haven't even thought about it, let alone actually regret it.

I hope we learn from it though. You look at Southampton and they are holding their own through having faith and commitment in young players coming through and selling for huge fees.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Took my calculation from iPad maps, blame them. Just asked for directions from Old Shoreham rd to Kingsway, Hove. Withdean east Bus stop to Old stein, and Village way to Old stein. Maybe I should have borrowed a measuring wheel and walked the courses? Do apologise Whilelion and Edna.

So, Apple even inflate their map distances to go with their vastly over inflated products.

Who'd have thunk it.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Ive been keeping an eye on Dunk (since we were linked to him a few years back) and - whilst I'm obviously biased - and I don't think Dunk is anywhere near as good as Cook. Next season will allow for a more balanced comparison, given both will be up against the same attacks.

I would be very surprised if Dunk were to get an England call-up ahead of Cook.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I never liked him after that court case. I know they were found not guilty, but they didn't cover themselves in glory and regardless of the verdict there was still some pretty disgusting behaviour going on. I'm not disappointed he's gone, I'm actually pretty glad of it.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'll be honest in the bits of game time I saw him play I thought he was good, so surprised that we got rid of him (i guess because of the court case) and think the club could have done more with him. my personal view is I would like to see more of our players (especially local lads) come through the youth system into the first team.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I hope we learn from it though. You look at Southampton and they are holding their own through having faith and commitment in young players coming through and selling for huge fees.

Yeah because they are feeders to Man U and Liverpool.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Ive been keeping an eye on Dunk (since we were linked to him a few years back) and - whilst I'm obviously biased - and I don't think Dunk is anywhere near as good as Cook. Next season will allow for a more balanced comparison, given both will be up against the same attacks.

I would be very surprised if Dunk were to get an England call-up ahead of Cook.

Rose tinted.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013

download.jpgimages.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yeah because they are feeders to Man U and Liverpool.

They're making themselves a competitive, top 10 team.
16/17 £43m in / £54m out
15/16 £40m in / £85m out
14/15 £76m in / £105m out

They're attracting quality players who know they can progress at the club. The youth know they will get a chance at the club. There is a strategy there that has seen 3 successful managerial changes through success, profits on transfers, and yet still competing in the top 10. You look at Stoke they've spent millions but not had the transfer market success of Saints.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
They're making themselves a competitive, top 10 team.
16/17 £43m in / £54m out
15/16 £40m in / £85m out
14/15 £76m in / £105m out

They're attracting quality players who know they can progress at the club. The youth know they will get a chance at the club. There is a strategy there that has seen 3 successful managerial changes through success, profits on transfers, and yet still competing in the top 10. You look at Stoke they've spent millions but not had the transfer market success of Saints.

I absolutely don't disagree and I have said on here in the past that Southampton are the ultimate model to aim for.

Took my calculation from iPad maps, blame them. Just asked for directions from Old Shoreham rd to Kingsway, Hove. Withdean east Bus stop to Old stein, and Village way to Old stein. Maybe I should have borrowed a measuring wheel and walked the courses? Do apologise Whilelion and Edna.

What's wrong with Village Way to Rottingdean?

[I'm aware, of course, that the answer to this question is ... Woodingdean]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here