Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you regret letting Steve Cook go?

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
Oh, congrats on the promotion by the way. I think you'll find it very tough in this division but then most promoted clubs do. Still, nice to see such a southern flavour to England's top flight. Even though you've moved some way from the coast, you're still further south than St. Mary's.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No regrets here. In 3 seasons as a professional at the club he had made 2 starts (he had made a handful of sub appearances when he was a scholar).

He was behind Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk, Tommy Elphick and Adam El-Abd, and also competing with Grant Hall. He would never have got the playing time he needed if he had stayed with us. Good deal for all parties and he has made the most of his opportunity; good luck to him.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Aye can't say I'm bothered that much, most clubs have the one that got away. Right now we have 4 excellent centre backs in Dunk, Duffy, Goldson and Hunemeier, so no regrets, it's just football.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No, improved his game massively, a complete surprise.

Around that time, I was gutted that Grant Hall walked, to Spuds. Who proceeded to do 'a Chelski' in never playing him, and he looks destined to never play top flight football.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
No regrets at all. If we hadn't, then he'd have moved to Swindon at the age of 22 like all the others, and be in league two now.

This way he gets a great career, and we get a couple of million free pounds when he leaves Bournemouth.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No regrets here. In 3 seasons as a professional at the club he had made 2 starts (he had made a handful of sub appearances when he was a scholar).

He was behind Gordon Greer, Lewis Dunk, Tommy Elphick and Adam El-Abd, and also competing with Grant Hall. He would never have got the playing time he needed if he had stayed with us. Good deal for all parties and he has made the most of his opportunity; good luck to him.

Can pretty much close the thread after that reply. Absolutely spot on.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Amex is north of the Goldstone, and south of St Mary's. OP may be from B'muff but he knows his history and his geography. However with an 11,000 ground capacity I wonder if he knows his economics?

As for the subject of the post, it was and still is a 'no thanks' from me. Next!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Amex is north of the Goldstone, and south of St Mary's. OP may be from B'muff but he knows his history and his geography. However with an 11,000 ground capacity I wonder if he knows his economics?

As for the subject of the post, it was and still is a 'no thanks' from me. Next!

Some way from the coast makes it sound like we have moved to Crawley :smile: I was thinking he meant Withdean rather than The Goldstone.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Chances of Steve Cook playing for England, next to zero.
Chances of Lewis Dunk playing for England, about 90% chance.

I think that answers the OPs question.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I had to let him go because he refused to commit, also, my wife has much bigger tits.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bit of a lame attempt at fishing.

We were loaded with decent centre halves at the time, plus when you sell him to a bigger club (like, say, Stoke City or West Bromwich Albion), you'll have to pay us 30% of the fee, so we're not exactly losing out, are we?

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Oh, congrats on the promotion by the way. I think you'll find it very tough in this division but then most promoted clubs do. Still, nice to see such a southern flavour to England's top flight. Even though you've moved some way from the coast, you're still further south than St. Mary's.

Goldstone to the coast 1.8 miles, Withdean to the coast 2.8 miles, Falmer to the coast 4.3 miles hardly vastly further?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here